• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random Encounter!

PuppySnake

Hello, all! I'm rather nervous to post something, but if I don't do it now, I probably never will. I haven't been formally diagnosed with autism, but I've been looking into its symptoms recently, and I match with a lot of them. I've been dealing with anxiety my whole life, and was diagnosed with ADD, but recently I've been thinking that a root cause of a lot of that might be high-functioning autism. I'm on here because I have a hard time making friends, or really going to social events at all, and it would be great if I could find some people to talk to, and hopefully become friends with.

I'm tewnty-three as of posting this, and I recently graduated from college. I'm an artist and writer, and am currently working on a book, though I haven't found much in the way of paid work in either field as of yet. I'm interested in fantasy/science fiction, animals, cartoons, anime, comics and video games, and would love to talk to people who share similar interests!

Hi PuppySnake :)

welcome to af.png

Hello, all! I'm rather nervous to post something, but if I don't do it now, I probably never will. I haven't been formally diagnosed with autism, but I've been looking into its symptoms recently, and I match with a lot of them. I've been dealing with anxiety my whole life, and was diagnosed with ADD, but recently I've been thinking that a root cause of a lot of that might be high-functioning autism. I'm on here because I have a hard time making friends, or really going to social events at all, and it would be great if I could find some people to talk to, and hopefully become friends with.

I'm tewnty-three as of posting this, and I recently graduated from college. I'm an artist and writer, and am currently working on a book, though I haven't found much in the way of paid work in either field as of yet. I'm interested in fantasy/science fiction, animals, cartoons, anime, comics and video games, and would love to talk to people who share similar interests!

Hello and welcome to the forums! My name's Jessie and I'm 15, nice to meet you :) I think that's pretty cool you're writing a book - is it fantasy/science fiction, what is it about? (Sorry, I hope I don't sound too nosy or anything, it just sounds really interesting!) I love reading. What kind of art do you enjoy making? I used to take Art as a subject and I'm not the best at it, but I still enjoy my arts and crafts and designing and making things. At the moment, I'm really into Graphics and SketchUp (a 3D architectual design program on the computer), and have been obsessed with it since Year 8. I first got introduced to it, when I chose Graphics as an elective in Yr 8, and did really well. Unfortunately 2018 was my last year of using SketchUp at school which made me really sad, but I emailed the teacher with an idea for a SketchUp club at school, so maybe it is not the complete end of it for me! This year in Graphics we got to design and build a Tiny House on SketchUp! It was so fun and I've even come up with a new personal SketchUp project to work on in the holidays. It is going to be great. I came up with the idea to build a pirate ship, like those cool ones they had in the olden days, and inside it below deck, there is going to be a bookshop!! And on top of the bookshop, there is going to be a Cafe and a space where you can read the books you bought and have a snack while you're at it. I'm so excited to get started on it. Sorry, I just realised I am babbling on and ranting, but i am just so excited and obsessed with this idea and just keep telling everyone I come across who will listen!

Do you have a puppy? Or a snake? (just noticed your awesome username) I have a 9 year old beagle called Toby and a 7 year old cat, Alexis. They were both rescue animals and they just adore each other and are always kissing and smooching each other, it's really funny and cute :)

I have a hard time making friends, talking to people and going to social events too, so you're definitely not alone there! I came on here to help deal with all the loneliness I get from not having any friends and help with anxiety and nervousness I get from talking to people and also to make some friends without having to get stressed about being face to face with them.

Everyone on here is so friendly, welcoming and relatable, I've found, so I'm sure you'll find some great people to talk to in no time!

Nice to meet you too, invisibility003! Thanks for asking! My book's a non-Tolkien fantasy adventure. I draw cartoons and comics. I've also done some 3D modeling! I'm not into architecture, though, so I've only done models of characters and animals. A pirate ship with a bookstore sounds pretty dope, though. Maybe if those pirates become more literate they'll learn that pillaging just isn't cool.

I have a couple of dogs and three cats, but that's not why I picked the username. I just like snakes, and think that pythons have cute li'l puppy faces! Also, that is really cute!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process :)

I too am into Video Games and Anime/Manga, along w/ SciFi/Fantasy books, pretty much my entire book collection consists of both genres

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process :)

I too am into Video Games and Anime/Manga, along w/ SciFi/Fantasy books, pretty much my entire book collection consists of both genres
Thanks for the welcome, it's nice to meet you!

Hi Puppysnake. Welcome and I think you'll find it very easy to talk to and make friends here.

I'm so excited to get started on it. Sorry, I just realised I am babbling on and ranting, but i am just so excited and obsessed with this idea and just keep telling everyone I come across who will listen!
I loved reading your text, @invisibility003!
Your enthusiasm is just infectious.
But please be careful, with whom you share your plans and ideas.
I absolutely don't want to mix in your business, but it's common behavior out there in the world to take the ideas of others and describe them of one's own.

Welcome! I like Fantasy fiction, animals, cartoons,certain anime, comics and video games too!

Hello and welcome to the forums! My name's Jessie and I'm 15, nice to meet you :) I think that's pretty cool you're writing a book - is it fantasy/science fiction, what is it about? (Sorry, I hope I don't sound too nosy or anything, it just sounds really interesting!) I love reading. What kind of art do you enjoy making? I used to take Art as a subject and I'm not the best at it, but I still enjoy my arts and crafts and designing and making things. At the moment, I'm really into Graphics and SketchUp (a 3D architectual design program on the computer), and have been obsessed with it since Year 8. I first got introduced to it, when I chose Graphics as an elective in Yr 8, and did really well. Unfortunately 2018 was my last year of using SketchUp at school which made me really sad, but I emailed the teacher with an idea for a SketchUp club at school, so maybe it is not the complete end of it for me! This year in Graphics we got to design and build a Tiny House on SketchUp! It was so fun and I've even come up with a new personal SketchUp project to work on in the holidays. It is going to be great. I came up with the idea to build a pirate ship, like those cool ones they had in the olden days, and inside it below deck, there is going to be a bookshop!! And on top of the bookshop, there is going to be a Cafe and a space where you can read the books you bought and have a snack while you're at it. I'm so excited to get started on it. Sorry, I just realised I am babbling on and ranting, but i am just so excited and obsessed with this idea and just keep telling everyone I come across who will listen!

Do you have a puppy? Or a snake? (just noticed your awesome username) I have a 9 year old beagle called Toby and a 7 year old cat, Alexis. They were both rescue animals and they just adore each other and are always kissing and smooching each other, it's really funny and cute :)

I have a hard time making friends, talking to people and going to social events too, so you're definitely not alone there! I came on here to help deal with all the loneliness I get from not having any friends and help with anxiety and nervousness I get from talking to people and also to make some friends without having to get stressed about being face to face with them.

Everyone on here is so friendly, welcoming and relatable, I've found, so I'm sure you'll find some great people to talk to in no time!

Your pirate ship idea sounds awesome! If you go ahead and craft it, will you post some fotos up here? I’d love to see them!

I craft and sew costumes, so I love any form of creativity and enthusiasm is always great.

What's up, fellow cartoon, video game, and animal lover! I'm not into anime but like some animal comics (specifically only man-made T.U.F.F. Puppy comics or hyena comics).

New Threads

Top Bottom