• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Quiz: Which December Holiday(s) Do You Celebrate?

Which Holiday(s) do you celebrate in December?

• Advent

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Christmas

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Chanukkah

• Yule

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Santa Lucia Day

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Kwaanzaa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Years Eve

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Boxing Day

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Feast of Stephen

• Something Else / None / Tell us in the comments

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Just finding out what makes you Holly Jolly and Merry inside.

What are your traditions?

Last edited:
Everyone I know gets busy with their families and closer friends. I try to stay busy finishing some projects for a yearly inventory, and not feel too lonely. I swap two or three cards, and put some exterior house lighting on a timer. I'm most excited by the days beginning to lengthen again.

I haven't bothered with Christmas or New Year's in over 30 years. I also don't bother with birthdays or Easter. I understand the importance other people place on them but they just have no meaning to me.

What really floats my boat is temperatures over 35C on a quiet stretch of river with no people around, a few quiet beers, a good book, and an occasional swim as I watch the world pass me by.

U

Attachments

• IMG_20221221_083916.jpg
    IMG_20221221_083916.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 36
I spend Christmas and NYE with family. I'm really lucky to live close to a lot of them again, and for some strange reason I'm really excited about it this year.

The only one I celebrate is not this time of year, anyway and that is, the memorial of Jesus Christ.

I used to celebrate most festivals, but when I found out the back history of them, I am glad to not celebrate now.

none really hoping for endless sleep
Oh poor Streetwise. Hugs. Keep the faith. I really like you, and you were a bright star in my sky when I was very sick, encouraging me in my own faith. Remember that God loves you. Across an ocean and a continent away, I'm thinking of you, and I hope you have the happiest of holidays.

I celebrate New Year's Eve and my birthday! xmas is okay, but not a big deal to me personally. Usually I just drink and get sad on the 24th and 25th lol Hopefully next year I won't be alone for the holidays, but I can handle it.

There have been years when I've been completely alone for every single holiday. It sucks, but it happens. It helps me appreciate the times when I do have friends or family around me.

A bit of Christmas, out of nostalgia, a bit of Yule for the fun of it, but mainly I celebrate the sun.
It's winter solstice! Isn't that the basic idea behind all of those festivals of light?
Finally, the light is going to come back. I hate the cold, I love hot weather, winter is the worst time of the year and the solstice is the time of hope when the light will start coming back.

So, yeah, I mostly celebrate Ra, the sun god, and his daughter, the lioness, and also the god of air and wisdom who persuades her each year to return from the south.

A bit of Christmas, out of nostalgia, a bit of Yule for the fun of it, but mainly I celebrate the sun.
It's winter solstice! Isn't that the basic idea behind all of those festivals of light?
Finally, the light is going to come back. I hate the cold, I love hot weather, winter is the worst time of the year and the solstice is the time of hope when the light will start coming back.

So, yeah, I mostly celebrate Ra, the sun god, and his daughter, the lioness, and also the god of air and wisdom who persuades her each year to return from the south.

It's happening here now in 48 minutes. :D 10:48 pm is the magic time when the sun turns and it's 10:00 now. Happy winter solstice one and all, wohoo

Last edited:
Feast of Saint Thorlak, Feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe; in addition to the 12 Days of Christmas and Advent.

Oh poor Streetwise. Hugs. Keep the faith. I really like you, and you were a bright star in my sky when I was very sick, encouraging me in my own faith. Remember that God loves you. Across an ocean and a continent away, I'm thinking of you, and I hope you have the happiest of holidays.
iam actually extremely physically tired, ive got a chest cold, always have it ,so im always physically tired, been asthmatic from before birth ,so permanently physically tired for 52 years

The only one I celebrate is not this time of year, anyway and that is, the memorial of Jesus Christ.

I used to celebrate most festivals, but when I found out the back history of them, I am glad to not celebrate now.
So do you celebrate september\october (sukkot )or hanukkah when he was conceived ?

New Threads

Top Bottom