• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Quick advice appreciated

Pats

V.I.P Member
Serious guys. How do you keep your socks from twisting??? It's especially hard when wearing socks with a pair of those soft thick house socks over them cause it's cold. Then it becomes a double challenge.
I'd hate to be an octopus.

can you get them for the foot part of the sock?
No but wouldn’t they minimize twisting by virtue of keeping the top part untwisted?

I have never had only the foot part of the sock twist by itself while the ankle/calf part remained untwisted....but maybe you wear very different socks than I do? Are they really loose but only at the foot part?

No but wouldn’t they minimize twisting by virtue of keeping the top part untwisted?

I have never had only the foot part of the sock twist by itself while the ankle/calf part remained untwisted.
maybe I'll try tape? But I hate that the sock heels always twist around to the top of my foot!!!!
And I actually can remember those elastic garter things to hold socks up.

Fitted socks, or socks with elastic above the ankle.

Good point. Given the amount of of slack for most people who have neither the largest or smallest feet, the average pair of socks always has more movement than most of us would like.

Though I suspect fitted socks are not cheap either...:eek:

For what it's worth @Pats, I hate all that slack in any sock as well. :rolleyes:

I thought “fitted socks” just meant socks that are shaped to be snug on the foot, as opposed to something like tube socks....does it mean something else?

I thought “fitted socks” just meant socks that are shaped to be snug on the foot, as opposed to something like tube socks....does it mean something else?

I've always thought of them as the same as a fitted shirt. Socks that conform to the foot in every way, rather than fit like a bag over one's head. Or foot....lol.

I've always thought of them as the same as a fitted shirt. Socks that conform to the foot in every way, rather than fit like a bag over one's head. Or foot....lol.
maybe that's the problem - if there were no heel, it wouldn't matter if they twisted around. Feet bags is maybe what I need to look for.

maybe that's the problem - if there were no heel, it wouldn't matter if they twisted around. Feet bags is maybe what I need to look for.

I just find myself always having to readjust my socks before putting on a pair of shoes. Without fail. :(

Except for the toe seams, if you are a person who is bothered by them...having those in the wrong place is bothersome to me, just like the wrong feeling of the twisted heel.

New Threads

Top Bottom