• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question for UK based Aspies regarding TV show

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

If UK TV show Agony Uncle Jeremy Kyle did an Aspie-centric episode of his TV show about relationships for Aspies and their partners, would you apply to appear on the show? Even though generally shows like Jeremy Kyle are full of Chavs.

I do know that some people in the Aspie world are scared of appearing in public, and being on TV is about as public as you can get, but would this put you off? Not me, I've been on TV once before and I enjoyed it (and no, it wasn't Crime watch lol), I just wouldn't go on this particular show because contrary to popular belief I am NOT a Chav (I don't wear Burberry, real or fake for a start, nor do I drink White Lightning)

Last edited:
No I wouldnt be on it unless there was a strand for asps and their pets as I have a cat but not a partner. :p :smilecat:

Hell no! My sister does TV/media work and trekking along to a couple of projects with her was enough to put me off ever getting involved myself. I'm a purely behind the scenes person. The closest I'll get is having someone film me giving a talk/lecture, but that's about it!

I think any person willing to appear on Jeremy Vile needs to have their head checked.

Looks like something indicative of Jerry Springer. Where the only real point of such programming is "Schadenfreude". For viewers to delight over the pain and struggle of others. :(

Abasing one's self just for publicity alone has always been an alien concept to me personally.

Last edited:
Although I am from the UK and often visit the country, I have never watched this show, and judging from the description, nor would I want to. No, I would never appear on such a show.

Hell no. NO. We have Jerry Springer and others like him here in the US who borrow from the same formula of Jeremy Kyle's show: exploiting others' dirty laundry for fame and profit.

The guests get their 15 minutes of fame with a little bit of humiliation and notoriety for good measure, the host gets all the props and the production team keeps churning it out. Can't beat that. This guy can tell you all about it.

Last edited:
Hell no. NO. We have Jerry Springer and others like him here in the US who borrow from the same formula of Jeremy Kyle's show: exploiting others' dirty laundry for fame and profit.

The guests get their 15 minutes of fame with a little bit of humiliation and notoriety for good measure, the host gets all the props and the production team keeps churning it out. Can't beat that. This guy can tell you all about it.

Did you know that although he hosts his show in the US, and has lived there most of his life, Jerry Springer was actually born in England?

He was on All Round with Hrs Brown last month.

Last edited:
Did you know that although he hosts in show in the US, and has lived there most of his life, Jerry Springer was actually born in England?

He was on All Round with Hrs Brown last month.

Wow. You learn something new every day. :cool:

Oh, he was also mayor of Cincinnati for a short while before he hosted his show. I forgot all about that, but there you go.

Hell to the no. Even if I was ok with the prospect of being on TV (I'm not) I would never admit to being the sort of human disaster who appears on Jeremy Kyle. Being mocked by millions of viewers isn't on my to do list. If it was I would at least want to be mocked for something I actually care about and take pride in.

I wouldn't want stuff like that on TV. The danger is that we would be further targeted for sexual exploitation from people that see vulnerable, easy targets. It's bad enough for women especially. We don't need it.

We have online forums if we really must talk.

New Threads

Top Bottom