• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about status posts

LucyPurrs

NT, INFJ
V.I.P Member
Why is it some status posts allow comments and some don't? And sometimes putting a like is not even an option.

Why is it some status posts allow comments and some don't? And sometimes putting a like is not even an option.
I just override it by going to the empty box above any of the posts and commenting or sometimes I say like.
sportster asked if it was coming back as he used to say good night to people that's what he wanted to do.
it's a feature that wasn't there for awhile now it's back again .

Ooops ,I meant profile posts not regular posts. Haven't had any issues commenting on regular posts but profile posts seem to vary in whether they allow comments or not. Yesterday wanted to comment on WereBear's profile post about her book but there was no comment option, yet this morning I see one and did so. Also wanted to comment on Sabrina's profile post but there's no option to do so. Is this some sort of setting that the poster sets?

Couldn't find any setting on my profile post so was confused. Not important enough to meltdown over tho'
:)
can I ask people who have typical neurology do they have shut downs and meltdowns ?I find it hard to put a name to a feeling!
i've seen children have tantrums I never had a tantrum when I was a child think I had one when I was older especially now that I use the damn speak to text facility , it's universally crap across every brand .

Hahahaha! Probably everyone gets frustrated with the damn speak to text stuff Street.

I don't have meltdowns but sometimes I think I have a mild form of shutdowns if I get depressed. I do think some kids tantrums are akin to a meltdown if they are out of control and not doing it in a manipulative manner.

can I ask people who have typical neurology do they have shut downs and meltdowns ?I find it hard to put a name to a feeling!
i've seen children have tantrums I never had a tantrum when I was a child think I had one when I was older especially now that I use the damn speak to text facility , it's universally crap across every brand .

NTs do have pretty much the equivalent of meltdowns and shutdowns, especially those who don't handle stress well. Narcissistic rages and clinical depression come to mind. I think ordinary NTs, those without personality disorders or other psychological issues, find "acceptable" ways to vent frustration and sensory overloads. Some use drugs and alcohol to cope. Others just take a vacation to get away from the stressful environment. I usually just go to bed early to be alone and either read or watch something calming on TV when I'm at my limit with stress.

New Threads

Top Bottom