• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about sex

Jane Smith

Hi guys!

So, recently me and my Aspie boyfriend (Who I think I've talked about a million times on here) started getting physical. He told me pretty early on that he is very sensitive to touch, and in fact, it hurts him a little. I have been extremely patient, and have been trying to establish some boundaries so that I do not harm him.

His comfort is very important to me, so I understood all of his concerns.

However, he wants to take it one step further. I am up for this, but I am worried. I feel like I am walking into this blind. Mostly because I have never been in a relationship with someone with this problem before.

I am already going to talk to a counselor about this, but I also wanted to ask you guys for feedback. Do you have this issue? What makes you feel comfortable if you do? Does your partner do anything for you to make it hurt less? Does anything makes it hurt more? Do you have pet peeves when it comes to sex? What do you think a NT should know about sex before participating?

Some things about him:

[Note: The next bit is sexual, but nothing graphic.]

-He is very shy and quiet
-I've only been able to touch his hair, collar bone, and neck. I could tell this was overstimulating, so I stopped.
-I asked him if there were any areas that calmed him down. He seems to like being touched on the back of the head, and lower back. I haven't done that yet (We haven't gotten around to it. Overcame other obstacles).
-Sadly, he is a sexual assault survivor. We talked about it for a very long time, and it is a pretty big concern. I know people on here may not be able to help, but I figured it was worth adding.
-I'm not sure what I am allowed to say on here since I know there's a no "adult language" policy, but I'll try my best. He trusts me enough that he says he wants me to do sexual things to him. I am okay with this, but I just don't know how to approach it. My biggest concern is that I am going to hurt him.
-He has had other girlfriends and boyfriends in the past. So, we are able to start somewhere.

Bit about me:
-I am also a sexual assault survivor. Which he has been very sweet about. We're overcoming a lot of things together. I've been going to therapy for it a lot longer than him. My therapist has helped me a lot over there years, thankfully. I want to share what I have learned with him. (He has his own therapist, too, thankfully. He says he'll try and speak with him).
-I'm also sensitive to touch, but not nearly as much as him.
-He likes to touch my hair. That seems to calm him down. He runs his fingers through it. He also likes to touch my back.

We are going to waiting until after we talk to our therapists before we continue. Until then, we wanted to get some fine wisdom from you guys! This site has always been super helpful towards this kind of thing. I always find what everyone says to be super informative.

And that's about it! If you guys need more info, let me know. I don't know where to start with this, so I tried to list things that were relevant.

For me, the key is just to keep communicating through the entire thing. Keep checking in with each other to see if things feel okay.

For me, I like firm touch instead of feather light touch. I don’t like hesitant light touch, it feels like spiders crawling on me.

Jane, I think we need to slowly regain confidence after living bad experiences. It would be great if we healed immediately but it seems that it is not possible. Only with time and the first steps you are already giving the relationship will grow and your partner will feel completely comfortable. I admire the fact that you are willing to wait for him to feel safe. In my opinion you're doing things right by listing everything related to your relationship. It gives you a lot of insight. Have you talked to him about all the things that concern you?
Sorry I can't say anything else. I'm learning too. What you read in the first part is something I actually learned like two days ago after reading this web forums and analyzing my situation.
You can read my post "Understanding body language/touching" if you'd like. I'm not sure if what I wrote will help a lot. But there are multiple answers that can surely help you!

As Aspies I think how we approach this would be different than NT's. Doesn't mean that with an understanding partner that our experience with sex can't be any different than that of a NT.

i tried ot have sex and the woman thought i didnt like her because i failed to get erections and it wasnt because of her it was because of two reasons one i was on anti depressants and thats a number one symptom of those pills and second is all the car and dog barking and neibors noises that kept distracting me from focusing on it

You could also consider going to each others' therapists together if that's possible.

New Threads

Top Bottom