• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about rule about link in profile and/or signature

Mona Pereth

The rules say:

"Members may have one link to their forum/website within their signature and profile."

Which of the following does this mean?

1) At most one link in signature and one link in profile. The links in these two places must be identical.

2) At most one link in signature and one link in profile. The links in these two places need not be identical, but there can be at most one link in each place.

3) At most one link, total, in the combination of signature and profile; thus, at most one link in signature OR one link in profile, but not in both.

My guess is that the rule means #2 above, but, as a total newcomer, I'd like to make sure, before I create my signature.

#1. One link (total) within the signature and profile. Same link.
Not a combination of different links, one here and one there. The
one link can be displayed in the signature, or the profile, or in both.

I pretty much interpret that to be a single link to one other outside entity.

#1. One link (total) within the signature and profile. Same link.
Not a combination of different links, one here and one there. The
one link can be displayed in the signature, or the profile, or in both.
Thanks for the clarification.

Will I be allowed to change the link occasionally? (My profile now has a link to a Wordpress blog, which I'll probably be linking to in my signature soon too. I'll eventually want to change it to a link to a website that I'm currently working on.)

Thanks for the clarification.

Will I be allowed to change the link occasionally? (My profile now has a link to a Wordpress blog, which I'll probably be linking to in my signature soon too. I'll eventually want to change it to a link to a website that I'm currently working on.)
I have no problem with you changing or using any outside links as long as they don't lead to content that falls outside of our site rules.

I pretty much interpret that to be a single link to one other outside entity.
By "single link," do you mean a link in just one single physical place, signature OR profile but not both? (If so, you would be contradicting what tree said above: "The one link can be displayed in the signature, or the profile, or in both.") Or do you JUST mean that the link (even if in both places) must be to a single outside entity?

No, I mean one linkout at a time, not web page A and B both.

I was under the understanding that the blog address was to be temporary until you got your actual web page built.

For instance, my web page is listed as here, our forum address.

.. ..

I was under the understanding that the blog address was to be temporary until you got your actual web page built.

If I were allowed to, I was planning to update the link in only my signature but not my profile. Since that's apparently not allowed, I'll update it in both places when the time comes.

New Threads

Top Bottom