• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about humidifier and PC being in the same room

Shiznown

So, I get really, really dry sinuses that cause sleep apnea when the air is dry, but when it's not dry I sleep very well. I don't know much about humidifiers and I've read some good and bad things in regards to electronics. My PC will be off while I sleep and I plan on placing a small portable humidifier at the other end of the room, about 8 feet from my PC. I have a portable ac unit in my room to basically acts as a dehumidifier in order to cool the room and my nose gets way dryer during the day than at night. I'm not sure if it would be as bad with a window unit, but I'm not allowed to have a window unit in this complex. Any help is appreciated.

Manufacturers are sure to discourage such considerations given product liability issues which likely clouds what are acceptable operating conditions relative to indoor humidity. My motherboard manual covers the issue with this statement:

"Avoid dust, humidity and temperature extremes. Do not place the product in any area where it may be exposed to moisture."

But is this reality for most computer users? I suspect not. If you google the issue even on some of the more sophisticated tech forums you'll likely see that it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Assuming of course you're not talking using a device at unacceptable levels so high that they can quickly create condensation on metal surfaces.

You'll be fine; I've had an AC and Humidifier in my Room several times over the years and yet have any bad things to happen to any of my electronics, PC included

I have frequently taken laptops and tablets into the bathroom with me whilst I take long, hot baths. The humidity is clearly visible then, and not one of those has failed on me in 15 years.
I can't say categorically that it won't be a problem, but I'd be surprised if it was.

New Threads

Top Bottom