• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question About Clothing Accommodations

TiredMom

So I'm working on my chapter on employment, and doing a section on various accommodations people should get. I was thinking that for people who hate wearing shirts with collars, but still need to look "professional," something like the very old-fashioned "Nehru" jacket might work. What do people think? If not that, do you have suggestions about what could be substituted for the collared shirt for folks who find them intolerable?

Never heard of a Nehru jacket before (looked it up)

It looks formal enough to me based on the images I'm seeing... I'm one person who rarely wears a collared shirt

So I'm working on my chapter on employment, and doing a section on various accommodations people should get. I was thinking that for people who hate wearing shirts with collars, but still need to look "professional," something like the very old-fashioned "Nehru" jacket might work. What do people think? If not that, do you have suggestions about what could be substituted for the collared shirt for folks who find them intolerable?
Barely get it now, from what I know it's thyroid insufficiency, that caused it in me, as the thyroid gland is in the neck I took seaweed tablets, im now taking a multivit , but I wear t-shirt fabric for a different reason ,sometimes a collar .

It'd look pretty snazzy. Has a very clean look. I never knew what they were called, so I always called them "Benny Hinn Jackets" or "Montel Williams Collars".

It would depend on the person...I think that would be worse than a collar that folds down!!! I feel like it would drive me nuts, at any rate, though collared shirts don't.

That depends on the industry and the employer's dress code. If the job entails meeting people who wear suits and ties in a professional capacity, I doubt the employer is going to be thrilled with alternate "hippie" garb. Depending on the industry, a neat turtleneck and sports jacket might be acceptable.

New Threads

Top Bottom