• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about Christianity

Magna

V.I.P Member
I'm not an expert on Christianity by any means which is why I'm asking the question for anyone that may know the answer. Please note that I do not intend in any way to put down Christianity and I ask that any respondents be respectful as well.

To my knowledge most Christian denominations believe that Jesus Christ is not only the Son of God but belief in Jesus as the Savior is required for a person to get into Heaven.

I believe there are believed to be provisions/exceptions for people who live their lives and never hear of or are knowledgeable of Jesus. That would be quite puzzling if someone was born (e.g. indigenous person never exposed to Christianity), led a good life but didn't even know who Jesus was and as a result went to Hell.

Now, shift to present day modern society: Why do Christians believe that the following type of person described below would go to Hell?

An Agnostic person who lived their life by "The Golden Rule". A person who was open to the idea of God existing and being The Creator and also open to the idea that Jesus was the Son of God. "Open" in the sense that they neither believed, nor disbelieved. Perhaps they even wished and hoped that God existed but had no way of knowing either way. This person was kind to others and a good steward of the earth as well. They loved, appreciated and were in awe of the beauty of nature and they appreciated and respected the value of all life.

^ From my understanding with at least most Christian faiths such a person upon their death would "burn in Hell" for eternity and their good actions in life would be immaterial because they did not "accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior". Is is true that Christian faiths believe that and if so, why?

Last edited:
It says in one of the NT letters (maybe Hebrews), that before Christ there was the Law and before the Law Conscience. There is always something to judge by.

Another good example would be the first Gentile Christian, Cornelius, in Acts 10.
He had a heart toward God and God sent Peter to preach to him so he could find out how to be Saved. 4SLaws

Last edited:
It says in one of the NT letters (maybe Hebrews), that before Christ there was the Law and before the Law Conscience. There is always something to judge by.
@Magna - I would agree with Tom here, for those who have not heard, their conscience is there

I'm not an expert on Christianity by any means which is why I'm asking the question for anyone that may know the answer. Please note that I do not intend in any way to put down Christianity and I ask that any respondents be respectful as well.

To my knowledge most Christian denominations believe that Jesus Christ is not only the Son of God but belief in Jesus as the Savior is required for a person to get into Heaven.

I believe there are believed to be provisions/exceptions for people who live their lives and never hear of or are knowledgeable of Jesus. That would be quite puzzling if someone was born (e.g. indigenous person never exposed to Christianity), led a good life but didn't even know who Jesus was and as a result went to Hell.

Why do Christians believe that the following type of person would go to Hell?

An Agnostic person who lived their life by "The Golden Rule". A person who was open to the idea of God existing and being The Creator and also open to the idea that Jesus was the Son of God. "Open" in the sense that they neither believed, nor disbelieved. Perhaps they even wished and hoped that God existed but had no way of knowing either way. This person was kind to others and a good steward of the earth as well. They loved, appreciated and were in awe of the beauty of nature and they appreciated and respected the value of all life.

^ From my understanding with at least most Christian faiths such a person upon their death would "burn in Hell" for eternity and their good actions in life would be immaterial because they did not "accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior". Is is true that Christian faiths believe that and if so, why?

To my understanding its like they rejected and looked down on God itself who came to safe them and even suffered and died for them.

We could call it lack of respect today, but when bible was written, those kind of acts towards kings were severily punished.

The same happens if you worship any other god after knowing the TRUE one.

Just my thougths.

Why do Christians believe that the following type of person would go to Hell?

I'm can't call myself religious but am moving that direction, don't know that I'll make it. I've met few Christians who believe such people would go to hell as a matter of Christ's purpose being stamped on the hearts of His people. He came to Serve man, not be served by man, among other behaviors that are easily recognizable in others even if we don't know their religious beliefs and Christ knows the heart therefore knows His people.

As I understand it, Catholics and Orthodox Christians believe that after the Crucifixion and before the Resurrection, Christ descended to Hades to free the souls of the damned who had His image on their hearts but hadn't Known Him because they couldn't Know what hadn't happened yet.

I know Baptists, at least as I've experienced reject the Harrowing of Hell Doctrine. I have problems with Protestant theology as I understand it and if I do find Christ in this way, I think it's going to be in Orthodox Christianity as it's what speaks to my heart when reading its Apologetics.

A good example comes up in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.
God tells Abraham that if their but, ten good men he would spare the whole city.
Only Abraham knew God.

Now, shift to present day modern society: Why do Christians believe that the following type of person described below would go to Hell?

Not if they’re exposed to the Lord our God then in purgatory they will pay for that. But to the rest of Bosko’s knowledge it doesn’t damn you

I’m mostly Agnostic because I’ve had some pretty bad experiences with churches from when I was younger. I was bullied in Sunday school by a group of boys who would make fun of my mistakes, the way I talked, and threw sharp pencils and rubber bands directly at my head which led me to have this phobia of going to church for a couple of years. I literally prayed to God every Sunday to not make me go to church. To this day I freak out if I see anyone stretching a rubber band in their hands repeatedly and/or fling it across the room and I’ve been known to run away as soon as I see something being thrown at me unexpectedly or a rubber band flying into the air. There was also the church where the youth pastor basically tried to used a form of conversion therapy on me and didn’t even punish these three boys who falsely claimed I had stolen a Game Boy Color and game with no proof and never was made to apologize to me after I proved that I didn’t do it. Since then I keep questioning why God would allow those things happen to me as well as some other horrible things all before I turned 30? I mean I sort of want to believe in God but I can’t understand why a so called loving God would allow me to be abused and gaslit by a narcissist for years until I believed that I was this awful person who would ruin the lives of anyone who came into contact with me? Or let me be bullied so badly in high school to the point I was extremely suicidal and just gave up on life because I didn’t think it was ever going to get any better?

The hardest part for me to swallow is that a hateful, deceitful believer is more likely to get into heaven than a loving, wholesome atheist - even if said atheist walked a path closer to the ten commandments and had impeccable moral judgement, and the christian was a complete scumbag.

There are many fine articles out there breaking down passages that scholars think were added by later authors pushing agendas or just errors in translation. The kjv is one of the worst offenders. Many of the questionable passages are the ones with added rules one must follow. I believe that good man will be more accepted by christ in the end than a hateful judgmental Christian. Of which I have met many more in my life than good.

God so! loved! the world!(men dont! say in their heart! there is no God, they!say!No! to God), And the greatest of these is love

New Threads

Top Bottom