• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about Back to the Future

Ginseng

Christian
V.I.P Member
I remember when the movies Back to the Future were playing and the part about them trying to get back to their time zone, but they needed a part for their machine. I didn't understand why people in the movie had such trouble believing them that they were from a different time zone. I thought their story sounded reasonable. But then I have always been inclined to believe people when they tell me something unless I know they are lying. I thought "Time travel is possible, though unlikely, but it could happen."

My question, did anyone else think it odd that it was such a big deal for those people to believe in time travel or am I truly just weird?
*Fingers crossed. Please be kind. :)

No, you're not weird. That much said, if a dude came up to me and told me that he was from a different time, I wouldn't believe it.

I would ask for some kind of proof to back their claims up. I would not disbelieve them out of course, but I would want something to supplement my initial trust.

Yes, they would have to show proof in some manner. But I would not just not believe them. In the movie they did give a believable explanation though. I thought. That was my point. I believed the explanation they gave.

So might I, I would want something to back it up though. Mind you, Marty's clothes and the presence of the original Delorean in that timeline would probably suffice ;)

Belief in time travel?

Well...I suppose if they pulled up in a DeLorean, I'd figure their word was "as good as gold". :p

Belief in time travel?

Well...I suppose if they pulled up in a DeLorean, I'd figure their word was "as good as gold". :p
If someone pulled up in a Delorean, I'd say no thanks, I'll walk.

They were over priced, underpowered and highly unreliable cars :p

If someone pulled up in a Delorean, I'd say no thanks, I'll walk.

They were over priced, underpowered and highly unreliable cars :p

Whooooosh. It went right over your head. Think about it, old timer. ;)

Hint: Sniff, sniff. :p

But yes, the car itself was junk.

Whooooosh. It went right over your head. Think about it, old timer. ;)

Hint: Sniff, sniff. :p

But yes, the car itself was junk.
I know exactly what you are talking about...

Wiff, wiff

I've heard many times that they were rubbish cars - all looks but no substance - but the looks were sooooo good I'm not surprised they have a place in people's hearts. Still - I wouldn't want one!
What's the smell thing guys? I've not heard of that one before.

I've heard many times that they were rubbish cars - all looks but no substance - but the looks were sooooo good I'm not surprised they have a place in people's hearts. Still - I wouldn't want one!
John DeLorean got busted by narcotic cops trying to swing a huge cocaine deal to keep his company afloat

When the government tried to "sting" John DeLorean in a cocaine deal, he seemed quite thrilled about it. Saying the coke was "as good as gold". Lucky for him a jury saw it his way and he was acquitted.

Though I can't fault him as the father of the Pontiac GTO.

Thanks John :D
My 1972 Get Tools Out ragtop was uber fast and very fun to drive...

88 MPH and a flux capacitor to time travel? At 138 MPH with a 455 cubic inch engine, it felt like it was going back to the future :p

Thanks for the explanation guys :) I just looked the Pontiac GTO up - I can't speak to it's longevity or performance, but on looks alone that's a winner :)

New Threads

Top Bottom