• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Q from a computer challenged? My CPU goes superhigh on AC. 95% halts almost

kneeproblemguy

I guess there is some Flash content or similar that when I open many tabs in Firefox then CPU usage goes higher and higher for each tab and then the forum display slower and slower until it almost halts.

So maybe I have to block some thing using AdBlock Plus.

any good advice what it can be that is so CPU demanding. I am severely computer challenged so try to give easy to get suggestions in case you have found a solution to it.

I doubt that it would be AC causing your CPU to be demanding. It is probably a case of too many things going on at once (multiple tabs open, multiple software applications working and so-on). Also, there are currently no adverts on Aspies Central, perhaps you could check for viruses that may be causing the problem?

When I logged in now to answer your questions then the FF took some 75% of the CPU power.
Then it went down to 25% so I guess if I would have open several tabs then maybe each take 25% which easily add up.

But I know nothing about computers really. I am very computer challenged. Took me about a year to learn how to do Pop3 downloads using the built in email thing in Ms Windows. I had to practice first using the email client in Opera Browser.

But that was many years ago. I am a very slow thinker. I had Electronics and Shortwave as one of my Special interests way back when I was young and it could take me years to understand simple things that others learned in minutes.

Just now the CPU is down to 20% but that is still very high. I have a small Netbook with an Atom CPU so not much to brag about.

New Threads

Top Bottom