• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Putting together a definition of an introvert

William Weiler

Ad Astra
So I have so far:
Can some suggest a placeholder? Type A works.

1. Roles are reversed - women offer sex, I say no.
2. Gay men ask me out, I say no. ??? this is a problem?
(Gays and Lesbians don't bug me at all, in fact I don't think about it)
3. Mean girls who can't get dates seek me out, but I don't want a girlfriend.
"She tells me she is my girlfriend, but I don't want a girlfriend. Now I am too afraid to end it" = high school relationship.
4. I like to be alone and play video games. I am content.
5. Type A's are not content, they have an agenda, and are intensively competitive.
6. Type A's sit in the back in class, they all have beards, the get A+, like 100s, they then go on to get MBAs.
7. They get on treadmill next to you and look and over and see you have 4.6. They punch in 4.7 and start running. (Actually happened on business trip at the hotel).
8. They compete for women. You can't enjoy the party. They try and pull you into their agendas. (Spoiler, women Type A's are the same, just seem to be with the men a lot).
9. Type A's hate you. Call you a nerd or a beta. I just got a called a simp, like yesterday. I don't know what that is yet, but it is likely a new beta kind of insult.
Update: googled it, eeewwww. I hated those guys in high school. Like my nemesis.
10. Henry Cavil is an introvert. He says don't walk up and talk to him like the women he is with isn't there. He has a ton of money, he loves acting, and he plays video games. Hard for Type A's to hate because he has what they value. Hint: he doesn't value it as much as them.
11. All the artists on reddit are introverts. They kind of suffer a lot, but they have art, not so bad. Herman Li is wholesome introvert and a breath of sanity. I pay $5 to have him on everyday. I love Herman, especially when his daughter interrupts his shreds.

Some of my introverts friends love me because I have to balls to get in assholes faces and say the truth. Maybe a little too unafraid in retrospect. Not sure why I am like this. I troll them on reddit a lot.

IMPORTANT: this is a work in progress. My definition of Type A is wrong. I know many kind salesman and good executives. Not sure who these people are. Are there hyper competitive introverts? Could an introvert be so insecure, he identifies as an extrovert and pretends to be one? There are many introverts in sales. I have met them. Just not easy to define. Has to be 70% true, with 30% wrong to be any good. 50/50 is not going to cut it.

The definition is: introverts replenish their energy by being alone, extroverts by being with people. I definitely observed this, so it is mostly true to me. I can't get in their groove, it seems like a pantomime sort of. But I envy their skill, they know what to do, and they all agree on how. Man, I wish I could do that.

Last edited:
Introvert---someone so engrossed in life they don't even notice what it means to be one?

Like my foil or nemesis. I using a generic term. The post is just a musings about ideas to discuss, like responders to the post who ask questions. This post actually helped me get to know myself better. It is doing philosophy, as opposed to knowing the greats like Plato. Thinking about ideas is one of my favorite things.

New Threads

Top Bottom