• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Public Singing Performance

Having autism does not necessarily mean being limited. They can do just about anything. The process they have to undergo to progress is just different. My son was non-verbal on the spectrum since he was 2 years old. But here he is now, being talkative and loves to sing his heart out.

This is awesome! Your son is a very entertaining youtuber. Did he edit the video himself?

Oh and fyi.... I totally sang along, it's a fun song.

Having autism does not necessarily mean being limited. They can do just about anything. The process they have to undergo to progress is just different. My son was non-verbal on the spectrum since he was 2 years old. But here he is now, being talkative and loves to sing his heart out.

Well done! I loved your son's other videos too, including the "Unwell" one he sang too, and the "Final Countdown" one where he plays the drums very well, too. He is awesome! And I loved your video creations as well. Our autistic 12-year-old son is into singing, and has been doing so since age seven. He somewhat recently got into playing keyboards, too, and we feel he is doing an amazing job progressing at both, wanting to perfect things one step at a time because of intense interests there. Anyway, keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Well done! I loved your son's other videos too, including the "Unwell" one he sang too, and the "Final Countdown" one where he plays the drums very well, too. He is awesome! And I loved your video creations as well. Our autistic 12-year-old son is into singing, and has been doing so since age seven. He somewhat recently got into playing keyboards, too, and we feel he is doing an amazing job progressing at both, wanting to perfect things one step at a time because of intense interests there. Anyway, keep up the great work!

Thank you for watching my son's performances. Hope to see your son sing too. If he is into playing keyboards, he may be able to compose his own songs using a MIDI keyboard controller! That would be awesome!

Thank you for watching my son's performances. Hope to see your son sing too. If he is into playing keyboards, he may be able to compose his own songs using a MIDI keyboard controller! That would be awesome!

You're welcome. We subscribed as well, as we enjoy all your videos! They are entertaining. As for our son composing his own songs, that is what he desired since last year, as we ran out of songs he likes after he sang so many for so long. We are not good with figuring out technical things and composing, nor video editing, but we sure want to try. So, thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
You're welcome. We subscribed as well, as we enjoy all your videos! They are entertaining. As for our son composing his own songs, that is what he desired since last year, as we ran out of songs he likes after he sang so many for so long. We are not good with figuring out technical things and composing, nor video editing, but we sure want to try. So, thanks for the suggestion!

You are most welcome! Thank you for sharing your son's channel. We watched his videos and we are very impressed with his keyboard playing skills like in "Superman" by Five for Fighting. His voice range when singing is similar to our son when he was the same age. But then, our son's voice deepens getting older so he sing songs differently now.

You are most welcome! Thank you for sharing your son's channel. We watched his videos and we are very impressed with his keyboard playing skills like in "Superman" by Five for Fighting. His voice range when singing is similar to our son when he was the same age. But then, our son's voice deepens getting older so he sing songs differently now.

Thanks about your comment about his keyboard playing! Although he just used right hand there, he is finally starting to slowly get used to using both hands instead, and he he will be progressing further there and then picking more challenging songs whereby he can not worry about which sheet music score he chooses. He will try "Pure Imagination" next, he says, as he loved that movie.

You may have noticed with the "Beyond the Sky" latest song that he attempted he seemed to have vocal tone changes, whereas prior he seemed as smooth and effortless as can be singing. Was that similar to your son when he was younger? His voice started changing several months ago , and certain notes started becoming more difficult to sing. He seemed to still do well with the pitch and feeling though.

Since that video, his voice has deepened alot though, with lots of vocal cracks and breaks, and so we have held off on his singing until it stabilizes more, despite his frustration he has to take time off there, as he loves playing instrument and singing equally. As movements do not come naturally for our son, because of some gross motor difficulties, he feels singing and playing at the same time will make things easier there.

Based on your experiences with your son, do you have any recommendations how to keep singing during the breaks and larynx changes? Even him doing the scales right around middle c now seems impossible now, with him though having no problem with all the other notes--high and low--in his new range with many lower notes added the last six months, but with him still maintaining the higher notes, too.

Feel free to write us privately as well, to share music experiences, questions, comments and ideas, and we hope you will allow us to do the same. Congrats to all your subscribers too. Your son is doing an excellent job singing and playing, and your channel and videos are very entertaining. We have yet to advertise our channel, despite his desires, as we were waiting until he was a little bit older, once he can resume singing again.

Based on your experiences with your son, do you have any recommendations how to keep singing during the breaks and larynx changes?

It is the same thing as my son but I guess it is something we can't really do anything about unless we seek professional help that could tell the rudiments needed to maintain the scales they can do. For Reimiel, we just choose the songs that are suitable with his present vocal range.

That's wonderful. I sing too.

I sing Gospel and write/sing background vocals in various genres. My favorite singer is Mariah Carey.

She is one of our favorite female singers. Our family likes singing popular and soft rock music the best. Our oldest Autistic child mostly sings songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's, but has sang a few religious songs as well. He wants to write songs/music one day too. Do you create public videos of your singing to share, or not yet? Regardless, we feel music and singing helps us in many ways. So, have fun there!

Last edited:
She is one of our favorite female singers. Our family likes singing popular and soft rock music the best. Our oldest Autistic child mostly sings songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's, but has sang a few religious songs as well. He wants to write songs/music one day too. Do you create public videos of your singing to share, or not yet? Regardless, we feel music and singing helps us in many ways. So, have fun there!
Yeah I'm sacredsinger on YouTube. I have some videos

Yeah I'm sacredsinger on YouTube. I have some videos

Great! If your channel is public or you wish to share any, feel free to post the link(s) here or send it/them through private message to me, and I'd watch and reply to it, as I tried searching on YouTube and have not found it yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom