• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Proud to be an Aspie?

I don't see it as a point of pride as much as it is the hand that I have been dealt (and must make the most of). It has its advantages and its disadvantages.

I'm proud of the focus it gives me.being legally blind with nystagmus, for anyone else hitting a golf ball would be impossible. I think it makes me better at golf, even as my vision makes it harder. I have to work harder for a 79 than any Tour pro does for a 69! On the golf course, being an Aspie is an advantage.

Being an aspie has both it's strengths and weaknesses, and what you get is really a matter of what kind of a hand you're dealt, and since no two aspies are alike. It make it even harder to relate to each other. I'm not proud nor ashamed about being an aspie. it's just who I am, it's who God made me to be.

When I first discovered I have aspergers, it became an obsession in itself lol and yes, I felt proud and as another aspie put it: if I was given a pill to cure it, I wouldn't take it!

That has now changed and I suppose it is because I am involved more than ever, in the nt world and if anything, I would love to say that I am not an aspie, because sadly, it is glaringly obvious that I am the odd ball.

When you are on the brink of understanding social cues, but cannot grasp how to achieve it and look on and see nts just getting on with it all, that is mind blowingly sickening and I wish to fade away.

I can laugh about certain traits though and yes, there are others that I am proud of, but I am not an aspie with outstanding talent and so, really, I would like to be an nt and not an aspie!

I missed the bus on the aspie event ;)

Autie proud for 55 years :)

Autie proud for 55 years :)
So, you're autie the closet...?
rimshot.gif

It was five for me EricD ;)
No one gave it a thought until I did start talking,then I never shut up either :D

Wow, most thought I was early, until they heard my age! I look much younger than what I am. I also have a fascination for hair, cars and an obsession with golf.

I'm a mechanical junky into music,art,motion pictures,photography and science :)

No,but can run a billiards table like a professional.Lots of geometry involved in that.

I'm in the process of sending you a private message outlining my past so you get a more complete picture without hijacking this thread

You'd murder me in pool, but I have played. My vision makes it hard to get the angles, but it can be fun.

The only thing I can do with a golf ball is suspend it on a column of compressed air,so we are even :D

New Threads

Top Bottom