• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Prosody Intervention for High-Functioning Adolescents and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder

Prosody Intervention for High-Functioning Adolescents and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder 2020-12-06

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
VictorR submitted a new resource:

Prosody Intervention for High-Functioning Adolescents and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder - A cirriculum on improving communication skills

When making the transition to adulthood, young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder can find their opportunities limited by their impaired prosody. Through a program of evidence-based lessons and resources, this book helps to develop verbal and nonverbal skills essential to adult life, particularly in the context of looking for a job or social situations. It is a complete curriculum, covering everything from self-calming to fluency and conversational skills, and includes lesson plans,...

Read more about this resource...

Wow!!! This is great (I especially like that it's a book that I can buy, not a class or something that I need a professional diagnosis to access). Have you read it?

I'm a little concerned with things like this that they might steer me in the wrong direction. I don't want to learn something wrong and screw things up more. :eek:

Likewise, I was pretty excited to come across this book, especially after the thread on "voice."

I'm currently about 20% of the way through it, and thus far, it's mostly intro / setup.

My assessment thus far is that it looks like a great resource for a language teacher to use, with lesson plans and homework, but is less useful for someone looking for a self-help book, as some of the intro lessons for example involve the teacher showing the student certain mouth/tongue motions, or making an initial assessment of what the student needs to work more on.

I'll be sure to provide an update once I've finished it.

I ended up giving up on this book after skimming through the rest.

I'll confirm my thoughts above that it's a great teacher's resource, but if you're looking for a self-help guide, this isn't it. As such, I'll decline to give it a rating.

New Threads

Top Bottom