• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Proof that no one gets my photos

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Canada Day Car Show 01.jpg

The first thought with car guys is "what is that yellow car?", or "nice old Plymouth"

Me? I couldn't care less what the yellow car is behind, except that it's a critical part of the composition, and I do know what that yellow car is... But I see the world as one big scene (photos taken with respect of course), looking, observing for little moments... But very few people ever get that, it's not going to stop me...

----

I do know that my approach to car show photography is a little unusual, most car guys just photograph the cars and that's it, when I'll post my photos to car groups I know they aren't as popular because car guys just want to see the cars, that's not what I'm giving them... :p

Last edited:
It does bring up an interesting question. Whether to have a single focal point in one picture, or attempt multiple focal points at the same time. I know in adult ed our photography instructor emphasized applying only a single focal point and then "building composition" around it.

With such consideration I would have used the little boy in his toy car as the main focal point, shot very low from the ground (reflecting a child's perspective) with the yellow Plymouth behind it, but within the same depth of field. To make a picture tell a story such as "little boy and big boy toys".

I always enjoy your photos of people as the focal point. Particularly those in black and white. Though in this instance I think I would have done color as well, but made sure the color of the toy car was identical to the Plymouth.

Interesting to see that the photographers in the foreground may have had similar ideas. But for hardcore classic car fans, I'd think they are likely to remain single-minded about what they want or like to see. Just the cars.

Last edited:
It does bring up an interesting question. Whether to have a single focal point in one picture, or attempt multiple focal points at the same time. I know in adult ed our photography instructor emphasized applying only a single focal point and then "building composition" around it.

With such consideration I would have used the little boy in his toy car as the main focal point, shot very low from the ground (reflecting a child's perspective) with the yellow Plymouth behind it, but within the same depth of field. To make a picture tell a story such as "little boy and big boy toys".

I always enjoy your photos of people as the focal point. Particularly those in black and white. Though in this instance I think I would have done color as well, but made sure the color of the toy car was identical to the Plymouth.

Interesting to see that the photographers in the foreground may have had similar ideas. But for hardcore classic car fans, I'd think they are likely to remain single-minded about what they want or like to see. Just the cars.

I do hear what you're saying, but I'm very careful with any photography of children, in this one the child's face isn't visible... But I also like to view the entire scene anyway...

For the hardcore classic car fans, they just want to see the cars, I've seen them lust over the most average photo of a car, and generate lots of comments around just that, a photo I might have taken but may never post...

And just for the record, this post is doing fairly well on my Instagram account so far today, I think part of it is cross over interest, there seems to be a strong interest in the #pedalcar tag or #austinj40 tag, just goes to show how fickle social media can be... :rolleyes:

I do hear what you're saying, but I'm very careful with any photography of children, in this one the child's face isn't visible... But I also like to view the entire scene anyway...

Yep. I suppose you can ask the parents, but in general that is always a dicey issue.

And just for the record, this post is doing fairly well on my Instagram account so far today, I think part of it is cross over interest, there seems to be a strong interest in the #pedalcar tag or #austinj40 tag, just goes to show how fickle social media can be... :rolleyes:

LOL. Now that's funny. Yeah, go figure. On the Internet there's no telling what may float someone's boat. :p

Though it seems to me I've seen those things generate some hefty prices as collectibles.

How to almost go viral, post a photo like this in the Alberta Car Show group on Facebook, technically it's rather average, but something rather unique, yes someone built this, seen at a car show yesterday, everyone in the Facebook is clamouring all over it :)

Maple Leaf Rat Rod 01.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom