• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

professionals?

Ihaveaspergers

Ave Maria! Howdy folks!
It seems to me that when you go to a Priests (or another person) for cure of souls or spiritual direction or go to a psychologist (or something similar) you often discus the same things but in a different way it seems to me.
What can you say about this?

Ave Maria! Howdy folks!
It seems to me that when you go to a Priests (or another person) for cure of souls or spiritual direction or go to a psychologist (or something similar) you often discus the same things but in a different way it seems to me.

I agree, Same thing, Just a different Day.

It all used to be the territory of philosophers. I guess the eternal questions will always be answered in different ways. You will get different answer still by sociologists, family, neighbors, politicians, and just about anyone.............

Some rely on quantitive data, some rely on blind faith,
either way the professional is trying to help.

An interesting thought though :)
If any or all professionals are delivering the same message by different means,

does it follow that it isn't necessarily 'the world', our past, bullies, feeling helpless and so on that's at fault
but simply our reactions to events or circumstances?
Our own, unique perception?

Well, both offer counseling, even if the teachings they rely on can be different.

Both routes can offer support and ideas and strategies and information or inspiration. I guess the choice of the individual indicates what type of help the person in need of it feels will be most helpful for them and their situation. Friends and family are another possible option for some.

Theres the spiritual or the worldly system, you choose, some use both.

I'll take any help I can get.

Some rely on quantitive data, some rely on blind faith,
either way the professional is trying to help.

Faith is generally based on a considerable amount of evidence. Anyone with "blind" faith would be an outlier.

Ave Maria! Howdy folks!

I say the more opinions and perspectives you get, the more it will help you understand and find a solution to problems.

New Threads

Top Bottom