• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Procrastination nation.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I know I have to clean up my house today because I am having a guest tomorrow.

Yet right now I am sitting on my porch sipping a Diet Dr Pepper instead while listening to Guns N Roses on my headphones.

I know that once I get started, it will all be done in a couple of hours. I know I will feel a lot better once my house is spotless and ready for my guest tomorrow morning.

Yet I am procrastinating. Human nature can be BS sometimes. Can somebody here please come over with a bullwhip to motivate me?

I agree, I hate cleaning house. I would make a perfect hotel dweller. But I cant do that. So I choose to have as little as possible. Like no nick nacks to dust and few pictures to clean. I detest fancy moldings on furniture, make mine plain.

get-to-work-work.gif
From one procrastinator to another...

Well, I got the kitchen and the bathroom done. Now all that is left is the living room area and the bedroom.

I now have my house in a satisfactory state. I plan on cleaning my closets tomorrow after my guest leaves. Some stuff is going to the thrift store later this week.

You haven’t met my wife!
Or my mother.
My mom wants to cremated but if she were to be buried the epitath I would put on her headstone is
"She accomplished". She uses the word "accomplish" about 10 times a day. I call her the human hummingbird. She is never still. She buzzes between chores like she will perish if she slows down.

Or my mother.
My mom wants to cremated but if she were to be buried the epitath I would put on her headstone is
"She accomplished". She uses the word "accomplish" about 10 times a day. I call her the human hummingbird. She is never still. She buzzes between chores like she will perish if she slows down.
When I die, preferably of very old age, I want to be cremated, and when my ashes are being spread over a beautiful field of flowers, I want the song “It’s Raining Men” to be playing very loudly.

Or my mother.

I wonder if she has a form of OCD?

My wife (Michele) has some neurodivergent traits, but will not acknowledge that. She cleans and throws things out obsessively. I had a shirt that I bought and wore one time, and she donated it to Goodwill. She also listens to Bee-Gees music compulsively. So I wonder if she could have OCD? But, she also has amazing awareness and attention to detail. I can spill something, clean up afterwards, and she will immediately notice if I missed something, even a grain of salt. It’s scary actually.

You have to clean up because you have a guest coming over? Are they a king or something? Is it Oprah? I've never done that before. :eek:

You have to clean up because you have a guest coming over? Are they a king or something? Is it Oprah? I've never done that before. :eek:
It is a friend and I do not wish to embarrass myself in front of my friend by having a living room littered with Diet Dr Pepper cans.

I wonder if she has a form of OCD?

My wife (Michele) has some neurodivergent traits, but will not acknowledge that. She cleans and throws things out obsessively. I had a shirt that I bought and wore one time, and she donated it to Goodwill. She also listens to Bee-Gees music compulsively. So I wonder if she could have OCD? But, she also has amazing awareness and attention to detail. I can spill something, clean up afterwards, and she will immediately notice if I missed something, even a grain of salt. It’s scary actually.

She certainly has anxiety. I am not a psychologist so I can't give an in depth analysis.

She exhibits some n.d. traits but is missing certain key traits that might suggest a.s.d. The most obvious "miss" for me is she has a very indirect style of communication and has no sensitivity issues that I am aware of.

She certainly has anxiety. I am not a psychologist so I can't give an in depth analysis.

She exhibits some n.d. traits but is missing certain key traits that might suggest a.s.d. The most obvious "miss" for me is she has a very indirect style of communication and has no sensitivity issues that I am aware of.

Michele is very direct in her communications, and has some social awkwardness. I am actually more socially outgoing than she is. She also has some restrictive food preferences. I have seen her stimming rocking back and forth, and have wondered if she might be autistic. However, she is not receptive to exploring this. She has a couple notable special interests, the Bee-Gees, Criminal Investigation, and Travel. She also has some sound sensitivity, as do I.

That would explain why we have managed to stay married the past 30 years.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I'm queen of Procrasti Nation. I do it bit by bit - I tell myself that I only need to do, for example, one room now, I can do the rest later. Then it becomes easier to start. Once I start, it's a lot easier to continue, it's the starting that seems to be the hard bit.

New Threads

Top Bottom