• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Procrastination Has Purpose up to a Point

Darkkin

V.I.P Member
Found this online. Thought it was fairly interesting, and it took me a few minutes to realize the guy talking is author of the book: Originals. Which despite being a business book, I've read.

Thoughts? I'm a major procrastinator and I pull inspiration from the eleventh hour. And the work I do in that finite time tends fair well with feedback and reception.

I was considering procrastinating earlier, but decided to put it off until later :neutral:

There are few perspectives on this topic.

One, procrastination does put some focus on what needs to be done. No better productive moment than the last moment. However,...despite the focus and productivity,...those last moments before the deadline often tend to forgo the details that make the end product "superior". It often presents itself as something that was done at the last moment.

Two, most people do not have the discipline to focus on a project for long periods of time,...but those who do often have a well-thought out and detailed end product.

Referrencing how Elon Musk runs his companies,...paraphrasing,..."If you give someone 1 year to do a project, that's how long it will take. If you give someone 1 month to do the same project, that's how long it will take."

New Threads

Top Bottom