• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you identify as LGBTQ+ ?

• Yes

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters

Sabrina

Gentle & brave earthling
55F3F606-607D-436E-9DA6-FEEA1D00D2EA.jpeg
It's ironic that I am posting about Pride Month, since only 5 people know that I am bisexual, but I'm curious about knowing who here identify themselves as LGBTQ+

This is gonna be weird for me. My sister realized she was gay when she was a lot younger and we've gone to the parade every year, but this is the first time since I realized I'm not straight. So I've gone to like five of these things as a straight guy and now my place is different.

Being bi's a lot like being autistic for me. I'm different but less different than others, I mask the same way and I lied to myself about both until around the same time.

I identify as a lesbian however the nuances of how I view sexuality and romance seem to be different than NT so while the label is useful for finding people and for describing generally what I like it is less useful from an internal perspective.

cis woman who likes women. Since 2011 only da one.... we got married in 2016 :)

I used to be an ardent attender of the pride parade because I felt it was important to be seen. I remember one year attending with the ladies from the rugby team and taking a break for a quick coffee along the route. At the next table a couple of senior women made comments about "the gays" and included us, not knowing we were part of the queer group. It was a pleasure to get up, smile at them and say "we dont agree at all, we are going to join our people again now." Their faces were a picture!

several years later I was again walking in the parade when I realized that we had arrived in something like the mainstream - there are always a lot of representative groups participating in the parade. That year, a politically left alternative antibanking group was walking towards the front of the parade - hating on bankers - while the rather conservative queer bankers group was walking towards the back in their suits and holding up company signs.
I thought to myself, if we have arrived at the point where the identity can become so differentiated into multiple conflicting sub identities, it doesnt need little old me adding my body to be counted.

Thats when I stopped attending the parade quite so religeously.

Gay and non-binary. I don't like parades though. I've been to Pride here where I live a few times to show willing though, and I volunteered to pick up rubbish one year at the big event. I did quite enjoy aspects of it. However, pride is for every day in who I am, and in the knowledge that I live in a country that upholds my right to be out and proud.

i'm straight,especially out of fear of being disowned by people amongst my family (mother & brother) & friends if i were bi,especially if any of them might not take kindly to same-sex attraction & it would angrily hurt them (family & friends) if i were.why should any of us hide what we are proud to be without people being jerks about it ? why should we conform to what people like ourselves,especially with any form of autism,are expected to be what they expect us to be ? at the cost of us being our own people in what we want to be what we choose to be ? this is why we all do what we need to do to please them,even if they're people amongst our family & friends over our orientation,even if we have whatever form of autism that we have :mad::angry::imp::rage: this is what makes me want to join them in their fight for equal rights,by any means necessary,including them needing to stand up for themselves,unnecessarily :mad::angry::imp::rage:

Last edited:
i'm straight,because i fear being disowned by people amongst my family (mother & brother) & friends if i were bi,especially if any of them don't take kindly to same-sex attraction & it would angrily hurt them (family & friends) if i were.why should any of us hide what we are proud to be without people being jerks about it ? why should we conform to what people like ourselves,especially with any form of autism,are expected to be what they expect us to be ? at the cost of us being our own people in what we want to be what we choose to be ? ugh :mad::angry::imp::rage:
I apologize if I'm taking your text literally and you didn't mean it.
You say "I am straight because I fear..." that is not possible. You "pretend to be straight" then.
In any case, I get your feeling 100%, it's unfair to be expected to please other people by not being ourselves.

Pansexual yet I also wonder if I am trans as well. I took a couple testosterone shots and had to quit because of some problems in my life at that point. I never continued. I think about my gender identity a lot, too much sometimes, and it causes significant distress.

Happy Pride month to everyone.

Grew up in beautiful San Francisco during the time Sylvester was singing. I always support people's life choices and who they do and don't want to be with☺

I apologize if I'm taking your text literally and you didn't mean it.
You say "I am straight because I fear..." that is not possible. You "pretend to be straight" then.
In any case, I get your feeling 100%, it's unfair to be expected to please other people by not being ourselves.

thank you.

This is gonna be weird for me. My sister realized she was gay when she was a lot younger and we've gone to the parade every year, but this is the first time since I realized I'm not straight. So I've gone to like five of these things as a straight guy and now my place is different.

Being bi's a lot like being autistic for me. I'm different but less different than others, I mask the same way and I lied to myself about both until around the same time.

i'm probably bi myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom