• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Presentation

Leon74

Hi Everyone lovely people! I am new in this forum, i think this is a beautiful place and i had following this since a pair of years ago, but just recently I am feeling encouraged to create a user. I am not officially diagnosed but i have a good portion of the typical diagnosis signs on AS, i have taken a pair of the most popular assessments like the AQ Test from Simon Baron Cohen with a scoring of 38/50 and the Ados (if my memory works well) with a positive results.
Another signs that strengthen my suspicious are my multiples synesthesia, my tendency of loneliness, feeling uncomfortably in places with high noises and too match shining lights, olfactory issues, etc.
My interests are physics, math, music, electronics, machine learning, biology, woodworking, etc.

Excuse me about any mistake cause I’m not a native English speaker.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, glad you decided to join, sounds like you will fit in fine. Your interests sound great, hope you are enjoying them. Plenty of discussions to join in here, now that you are a member.

:seedling::turtle::palmtree::dragon::cactus::snake::herb::bug::leafwind:

Hi Leon, welcome!! :) What a nice introduction you have put together. :blush:
I think you will find a lot of people here with sensory issues (myself included) and people who share those interests.
I think your English is very good. What is your native language, if you don't mind me asking?

welcome to af.png

Welcome.

I don't discount self diagnosis. Doing that finally spurred me to get an assessment late in life. I also think that introspection and self assessment is necessary to improve oneself.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your welcome.

Hi Leon, welcome!! :) What a nice introduction you have put together. :blush:
I think you will find a lot of people here with sensory issues (myself included) and people who share those interests.
I think your English is very good. What is your native language, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Argentina so my native language is spanish.

Thank you all for your welcome.

I'm from Argentina so my native language is spanish.
I understand some Spanish, but I don't speak it very well... my biological family was part Portuguese and part South American! My adoptive parents speak English so I was brought up speaking English... I would like to work on speaking Spanish and Portuguese better than I currently do though.
You speak English very well! I hope you enjoy your time on this forum, everyone has really good advice.

I understand some Spanish, but I don't speak it very well... my biological family was part Portuguese and part South American! My adoptive parents speak English so I was brought up speaking English... I would like to work on speaking Spanish and Portuguese better than I currently do though.
You speak English very well! I hope you enjoy your time on this forum, everyone has really good advice.

I have studied four years of english language from my 11yo to my 14yo but it was a formal english, so I believe that natural english, the “every day” english I have it learned from songs, movies, etc.
and a more technical-scientific styles through several readings from books, papers and from some online communities, but even so I do mistakes many times. I also sometimes use online translaters to check my writings and eventually change one or other word.

I have studied four years of english language from my 11yo to my 14yo but it was a formal english, so I believe that natural english, the “every day” english I have it learned from songs, movies, etc.
and a more technical-scientific styles through several readings from books, papers and from some online communities, but even so I do mistakes many times. I also sometimes use online translaters to check my writings and eventually change one or other word.
Listening to music and watching movies is a really effective way to learn another language. You're right, it gives you more experience with the "every day" use of that language.
It's ok to make mistakes... like I said, your English is very good, so everyone here will definitely understand what you're saying. :)
I use online translators too sometimes when I try to type something in another language. They're usually mostly accurate, but some things seem to get translated incorrectly sometimes, especially with Google Translate.
I understand some things in Spanish and Portuguese but not enough to have a full conversation.

Welcome to the forums, Leon!

I think you'll like it here. I'm late diagnosed in my fifties.
I took a lot of online tests first also, then went for formal diagnosis.
The forum has helped so much. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom