• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Postcard Collecting

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
I'm really into postcard collecting. I trade postcards with people around the country and world. Anyone else like postcards?

I would like to do this :)

I collect fancy stationary.... think it would be nice to have some snail mail pen pals, so we can share our collections basically. But I have some silly anxiety about letters getting lost, that I need to get over.

When I was at Uni, in the students union, there was a wire rack that would have postcards that were advertising events, causes, charities, artists etc, which I collected and some of them were very random, which I liked. Also, I went to fair amount of degree shows and would pick up the postcards for the artists, a lot of which were quirky/inventive/visually appealing.

I don't know much about collecting/swapping postcards, in general. Are there specific themes or types of postcards that you collect Butterfly88 ?

I'm really into postcard collecting. I trade postcards with people around the country and world. Anyone else like postcards?

Don't know that much about them, Butterfly88 Maybe you could elaborate a little on what to look for? My Grandmother had a huge collection of postcards, and I have them now. Should they be blank? Or do they lose their value if they have been mailed and or written on? Or does that make them more valuable? Some of her's were from the turn of the twenty-first century, and some are funny and or odd looking, with comic characters. She collected stamps so many of her friends sent her postcards during their travels.

Last edited:
I used to collect postcards a long time ago, but I lost my collection. Now I like to just save the ones I get from relatives. My favorite one was sent from my Grandma during her trip to South Africa.

Yes, I collect from a handful of local attractions. Maybe have a couple thousand from those, mostly 1905 and some earlier, to 1960's, and a handful of newer 4"x6", plus about 600 doubles to get rid of. Not to many left in my specialized area that I don't have, but I still get one every week or two.
For the most part, I only have one competitor who collects the same area. He has deep pockets, and prices could get out of hand, so we came to an agreement that whoever put in the first bid gets the card, and the other person won't bid. It's been working good for several years, but I've been unexpectedly outbid on some one of a kind cards recently, and I'm wondering if he's starting to use someone else to bid for him.

Things don't get lost in the mail too often hiraeth. Let me know if you want to be penpals.

I collect everything but my favorites are lighthouses, animals, map, and colleges and universities.

I don't collect too many old postcards, mostly complementary postcards. I'm pretty sure unused it worth more, but for old ones it's cool to see the old postage stamps.

That's cool cinnamon and DestinationUnknown.

New Threads

Top Bottom