• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post your computer specs

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Mine:

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.93GHZ, 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4800 series @ 512MB.

What's yours?

Here's a screen-shot of my computer's main specs:

region-13.png

Unless you don't have the money, building your own computer is the only way to go about computers. If you really need a computer, a Dell or Compaq is OK, but be sure to reformat your system immediately to get rid of all the pre-installed crapware.

I don't feel fully content with this Compaq - I wish I had better parts, but a computer is better than having none.

To all of you people who want to share your specs: Download Speccy and take a screen-shot of your system's Summary - it'll save you time.

Last edited:
Speccy doesn't work for me anymore. It worked the first time but now it freezes and causes my PC to crash. I'm using the 64-bit version of it.

Speccy doesn't work for me anymore. It worked the first time but now it freezes and causes my PC to crash. I'm using the 64-bit version of it.

I've never had a problem with it before. It's good software. Not sure what would cause it to malfunction.

The first time I used it worked perfectly. Now it just hangs/freezes.

I've got a Refurbished Compaq laptop I bought about 2 year ago. It's never had a single problem, and except for installing more memory, I have done nothing to it. I was running Ubuntu Linux on it for a while, but I had too many apps that needed Windows, and I needed the space the dual boot was taking. The weak points are video processing speed and display resolution, and the speakers. Vista has been OK, no real complaints, but nothing special. I should do a backup and full reformat/reinstall of Windows, just to clean it up a bit.
This is mostly from Syspec
Windows VISTA, Version 6.0.6002, Service Pack 2, 32 Bit.
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18975 Vista Home Premium (I really use Firefox)
Memory (RAM): 3262 MB
CPU Info: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58
CPU Speed: 1.90GHz
Sound Card: Speakers (Conexant High Definition)
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M
Monitors: 1x; Generic PnP Monitor |
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 800 - 32 bit
Network Adapter: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter
CD / DVD Drives: E: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A | G: ETKDIV 6VGXYB4XQRS
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 137.3GB | D: 11.7GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 55.9GB | D: 1.9GB
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Product Make: Compaq Presario F756NR Notebook PC
Motherboard: Quanta 30EA
IP Address: 192.168.1.3 |
MAC Address: 00-1E-4C-95-6C-0D
Host Name: BILLI-PC

I have a MacBook Pro (Mid-2010), named Gallifrey:

• Intel Core i5 2.4GHz (2 physical cores, 2 logical cores)
  • 4Gb RAM (expandable to 8Gb)
  • Intel HD graphics (256Mb shared) & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (256Mb dedicated)
  • 320Gb HDD (upgrading to 1Tb soon)
  • 15.4" Glossy TFT (LED backlit)
  • Mac OS X 10.6.6

Custom build, dual boot to either Linux or Vista 64-bit

Thought about putting an overclock on the CPU but a Wolfdale runs plenty fast enough for virtually anything

Last edited:
Same specs as before only I've upgraded my graphics card to a Radeon HD 5670 1GB a while back and got a 1TB external hard drive.

Planning to "upgrade" or rather switch to an i5-2500k and a Z68 or P67 motherboard in hopes of being ready for the new Ivy Bridge processors that are due this upcoming Spring. I'm still doing my research right now but once I'm finished I'll be treating myself to that.

I'd also like to get a new hard drive, but due to the Thailand floodings of recent there's been a massive shortage leading to a price hike. Prices seem to be coming down, though, and hopefully they'll stay down once they get back up on their feet.

View attachment 2115

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that I've got the most powerful machine here on AC...

View attachment 2199

My Sandy Bridge is actually clocked @ 4.2Ghz, don't know why it showed up as 3.3. All of this in a HAF 922 case. I'm actually wanting to switch cases now, seems like this one isn't putting out the airflow but it could just be me being a performance freak. On another note, I'm planning to upgrade to a HD6950 or the new HD7000 series cards when they arrive next month. The HD7970 is already out and is the fastest desktop GPU on the market, but at $550 a pop I'll pass.

Last edited:
Case: Corsair Carbide 200R
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K
CPU: Intel Core i5-4760K @ 3.40GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250X
Power Supply: 500W
RAM: 8GB
Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
HDD: 1TB
Monitor: 23" ASUS VS239HV

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840
MB: ASRock 970 Extreme4