• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post the places of prayer and meditation you have at your place

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
Here's my Home Altar:
IMG_8654.jpeg

IMG_8656.jpeg

Usually I've been using a small painting I commissioned for prayer and meditation; but recently I've been going back to this home altar of mine, because I've been stressed and agitated lately (which is part of the reason why I'm posting this) and this altar is a good image of peace.

What kind of shrine, altars, rooms, or groves do you have for prayer and meditation?

I don't have one as I attended an assembly of God church and it follows the Old testament in not having graven images, I usually only pray in the house,mostly in my bedroom.

I don't have one as I attended an assembly of God church and it follows the Old testament in not having graven images, I usually only pray in the house,mostly in my bedroom.
Actually, not to derail this thread into a debate, my altar is actually based a bit off of the Old Testament (skip ahead to 5:30 in the video below for the specific reverence):

Actually, not to derail this thread into a debate, my altar is actually based a bit off of the Old Testament (skip ahead to 5:30 in the video below for the specific reverence):
I wasn't debating ,but I have limited English comprehension so I communicate the way I !!!!!!can , got to say I love the decoration in a synagogue in Russia, it was just very simplified roses, not much else, I can't remember all the decorations in a synagogue ,it's usually just Hebrew writing, I've remembered the
Basic idea was to not carve anything that was living, I have memory problems, so if I remember something I say it out loud or write it.

I wasn't debating ,but I have limited English comprehension so I communicate the way I !!!!!!can , got to say I love the decoration in a synagogue in Russia, it was just very simplified roses, not much else, I can't remember all the decorations in a synagogue ,it's usually just Hebrew writing, I've remembered the
Basic idea was to not carve anything that was living, I have memory problems, so if I remember something I say it out loud or write it.
I see, I'll look up some of the designs in my spare time. I'd like a calligraphic Bible, a Bible written in calligraphic text, but it seems like they don't even have those in the Protestant canon, let alone the Catholic one.

Here's my Home Altar:.
What kind of shrine, altars, rooms, or groves do you have for prayer and meditation?

I once complained to a friend that I'd never been able to create any sort of designated altar in my home, and her response was "but you've made your whole place your altar!" I realized she was right, once I thought about it. I had accidentally created my whole place (a one bedroom, basement suite) as an environment that enabled me to be spiritually connected to my Guides, and such. (Losing words. I''ve been sucked into this place all night essentially! Clearly, it's become my new obsession!).

When I moved, I deliberately did the same thing in my new place.

I once complained to a friend that I'd never been able to create any sort of designated altar in my home, and her response was "but you've made your whole place your altar!" I realized she was right, once I thought about it. I had accidentally created my whole place (a one bedroom, basement suite) as an environment that enabled me to be spiritually connected to my Guides, and such. (Losing words. I''ve been sucked into this place all night essentially! Clearly, it's become my new obsession!).

When I moved, I deliberately did the same thing in my new place.
I do also have a lot of statues and icons around my place as well, including some Holy Water Fonts; and a statue of Our Lady of Fatima that, itself has become its own shrine or home altar; due to my special connection to Her under that title.

New Threads

Top Bottom