• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Possible Resources?

AGXStarseed

Hi there,

I was made aware of these when I was at work and so I've decided to bring them up here in case the Admins think they're of interest as an article/resource. If not, I apologize.
(Be aware they refer to disability in general, not just Autistics. I'll post the links and a bit of each article).

1. The EnAble Fund for Elected Office: "The EnAble Fund for Elected Office is intended to cover the additional financial costs associated with a disability or health condition, that would otherwise prevent someone from seeking elected office. The Fund is provided by the Government Equalities Office and is administered by Disability Rights UK. The Fund was launched on 3rd December 2018, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities."
Source: EnAbleFund | Disability Rights UK

2. DR UK signs open letter to Home Builders Federation who object to LAs building accessible new homes: "DR UK CEO Kamran Mallick says:
“It is shocking to find that the Home Builders Federation has been raising objections against 15 local councils who are seeking to ensure more accessible homes are built in their communities.
“What kind of community do we want to live in where disabled people and older people can't live independently or visit family and friends because homes are being built without the basic accessibility standards? It's shameful that only 7% of homes are accessible.
“Building accessible home today means we benefit now and in the future. Our homes are where we build our lives from, contribute to our communities and society.
“Disabled people, those with long-term health conditions and older people deserve to have the option to live in their own homes without barriers.”
"
Source: DR UK signs open letter to Home Builders Federation who object to LAs building accessible new homes | Disability Rights UK

3. DR UK welcomes the new Rail Ombudsman service: "The Rail Ombudsman is an independent organisation which offers a free and expert service to investigate complaints you have about rail service providers, such as train companies. "
Source: DR UK welcomes the new Rail Ombudsman service | Disability Rights UK

4. Disability Rights UK - "The Right To Participate": This website is part of Disability Rights UK’s Right to Participate project, funded by the Legal Education Foundation. The project aims to increase awareness of the Equality Act, especially the ways it can protect disabled people from discrimination in everyday situations.
Source: The Equality Act | Disability Rights UK | Right to Participate

New Threads

Top Bottom