• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Possible Genetic Link Between Alcoholism, Autism, Bipolar, Depression, Schizophrenia

Very interesting thanks for posting, doesn’t come as a surprise to me but interesting to read some science behind ones opinion.

Extremely sceptical about this. All the "bad" things are listed - alcoholism, autism, schizophrenia - and I get the impression they are trying to find a magical cure or treatment, so they can patent it and then make tonnes of money from it.

A groundbreaking study recently published in the journal, Science, has discovered patterns of genetic activity that overlap with five major psychiatric disorders: alcoholism, autism, bipolar disorder, depression, and schizophrenia.

Strange how they don't list sociopathy, narcissism... I guess they're not "disorders" in their view. I clicked on the link to the original study to find out more, but you have to join up and log in to see it, and I don't want to do that.

This revelation could help researchers develop potential treatments for each of these diseases.

As much as I hate autism/A.S., I'm too honest to not mention the fact that they're not actually "diseases". These people should know this, and shouldn't be so reckless with their terminology.

New Threads

Top Bottom