• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Polarized Lenses, changed my life

Shaun-Junior Bishop

Ive always had issues regarding light, having to wear sunglasses inside because the glare was just too much. Leaving my vision dark and not the best. Always wearing them in summer is annoying as well because most glasses are uncomfortable and dont really work.

Then i got polarized lenses and the difference is amazing. All the glare and all the sensitivity nearly goes when wearing them.

For anyone with ASD and affected by light then i would highly recommend polarized lenses as they aren't as dark as normal ones and they just seem to add a soft brown tint which makes the world seem alot less intense.

Also i recomend flare EarShade earplugs. They lower the amount of noise your ears take in and are amazing for busy places where you don't want to be completely blocked out

Last edited:
I wear my sunglasses at night. So nobody so nobody. Sorry your thread reminds me of that song. Also i hope you got cool sunglasses like morphues from the matrix.:D

Polarised lenses are far superior to tinted lenses in most applications but are not suitable for all. Also be aware that most commercially available polarised Rx lenses are actually as dark or darker than tinted lenses. Category 3 (15-8% LTF) is the most common standard available.
Driving in anything other than bright sunlight whilst wearing them can result in criminal prosecution in Europe.

I just got some earplugs like that, and when I tested them at the grocery store, they worked super well. The only thing I didn't like is that they made my voice sound weird to me when talking to the cashier. With the earplugs I got, it's nice because they're pretty small, and with how my hair is, you can't even see that I'm wearing them.

I just got some earplugs like that, and when I tested them at the grocery store, they worked super well. The only thing I didn't like is that they made my voice sound weird to me when talking to the cashier. With the earplugs I got, it's nice because they're pretty small, and with how my hair is, you can't even see that I'm wearing them.
They do make you sound like your ears are blocked but if you can get used to it, they will change your life. Ive gone through the a few pairs of earplugs but the earshades are just amazing. They are made from one piece of silicone and are a light fit in the ears and also look like earphones so it doesnt seem to stand out

Optometrist prescribed polarized sunglasses for me due to dry eye and light sensitivity.
I could not wear them due to seeing rainbows and a grid pattern when driving in car as I looked
out of the windows.
I found this online as to why and the shop exchanged them for non-polarized.
It could be dangerous to drive if they cause this effect. It does not cause this with everyone
she told me.
Why You\'re Seeing Rainbows in Car Windows

polarized.jpg

Not so bad now but there were times when I was younger that my eyes would burn so bad from the light that I had to wear 2 stacked pair of sunglasses to drive back to college at night. They would also burn from fluorescent lights in a white room and things like that. To this day I keep my computer screen turned down low and don't put super bright lights in my house.

I would love to get polarised contact lenses. I have been googling and can't find any. Where are people finding them? thank you!!

New Threads

Top Bottom