• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please help son with special needs

RLSanders

My son is 19 and has several diagnoses. I think he’s kind of autistic. He was born at 27 weeks and had a stroke.

The reason for me posting here is to ask for help. My son will not talk to anyone outside of his immediate family. When indoors he talks our ears off. He figured out how to make YouTube videos on his own but he’s frustrated that no one watches them.

If you have a moment of free time, please check them out. He’s very repetitive so you don’t have to watch. If you just watch for a second it’ll count. Maybe you guys can watch and see what conditions you think he may have. He’s a totally different person on YouTube. In public and at school he is extremely shy and rarely speaks only in a whisper.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and special thanks if you watch a video or two.

Here’s a link that I hope works:

David Sanders

Our mission statement is that we are an autistic support forum, so if that is all I have to do to help him feel better, then count me in.

I hope this helps him :)

welcome to af.png

Done! I never subscribed to a video thing before so I learned something.
You have a sweet and handsome boy there.

Thanks for the help. He’s so excited. He came and told me three people subscribed. Now he’s just looking for things to make videos about. He can be a bit relentless with his requests to like, favorite, comment and subscribe but if you can get through that, there’s some cute stuff in there. I’m biased though. You can’t imagine how much this making videos thing has brought him out of his shell. Thanks again.

Subscribing seemed like the thing to do, so I jumped on ;)

Done. I watched the fun with flags orange because orange is my fav color. Is dyslexia in the mix? He seems to be enjoying himself. It seems like a lot of work to me but my husband is an avid YouTuber too and really enjoys making videos of his favorite hobbies, so I'm all for it.

I liked the video where he showed the light bulb in the streetlight. I just take streetlights for granted, it was good to see one up close.
I just watched the ones he did of the different flags, and he did not steal the blue one! I was like that myself and had to learn that if I repeated that I didn’t steal something, people would think I did.

Just subscribed and watched some of his videos. Making YouTube videos is a great hobby and a cool way to focus one's passion. Good for him and for you for supporting him!

New Threads

Top Bottom