• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please go and see Alita battle angel( did you see it? did you like it?)

Iamnotarabot

I know I am late to the party, the movie is probably not in most theaters anymore ( it was in mine last week end)

But realy if you have the opportunity just go and watch it, this is a magnificent movie, the visuals are incredible ,

I guess you need to have at least a little investement into anime/video game/ scie-fie to truly enjoy it, personnaly I didnt read the manga except a few volumes back in hightschool but didnt realy get into it.

But this manga is a actualy an inspiration of many other fictions and video games ,so the adaptation may very much likely reminds you of another fiction based on the same theme that you liked,personnaly I felt like the movie took place in Midgar from FF7 and I loved it. And now I realize that a big part of FF7 may very much likely be litteraly stolen from Gunm...

Anyway, the visuals and actions is realy amazing, you can tell the movie was made with dedication to the source material ( friends told me that) , it's full of details in every shot.

You get attached to the main character very quickly, and I feel like they even added a western ( I mean something the western audience can relate to , not a western movie) touch, the beginning reminded me off pinochio and I think it's done on purpose , some added details are , in my opinion, added for this reason.

The visuals are full of details, the story is very focused on a few characters.But realy the main focus is the main character and IMO you get on board right in the beginning.

Some very few moments are weird , but apparently the weidest moments are litteraly from the manga, and the end is a bit anti climatic , especially because the mid section of the movie has a very strong moment so what follows is a bit less intense, and you can get they wanted to make a sequel so they dont finish the story right away ( I would have loved a last act of 20min to finish the story )

But realy, the movie is so gorgeous, full of details and intense that you just dont mind it at all, it doesn't come as a disapointement at all , it's just that the movie is so great you want more of it, this is like a 8.5/10 in my opinion.

And I think as someone with ASD the movie has an added value, because the main character has a very experessive face, (done incredibly well with motion capture) and the character ( so the actress that has done an incredible job ) doesnt hold back any emotion at all, so during the movie you have strong emotionnal moments, she discover everything for the first time and you buy it.
I realy felt so many things during this movie it was incredible.

Just dont watch the trailers because they tell you all the plot ( well not all of it but a big part).

Did you see that movie? For me this is easely the best manga adaptation and actually one of the best movie I have seen in years, I think it even tops infinity war for me because Infinity war has 10 years of world building prior to it so you care about the movie, while Alita does that in one movie, so it should be objectively considered better.

Last edited:
Though this is not typically my genre of movie...
Awesome!

The Last Airbender,
And now...
Alita:
Battle Angel !

I know I am late to the party, the movie is probably not in most theaters anymore ( it was in mine last week end)

But realy if you have the opportunity just go and watch it, this is a magnificent movie, the visuals are incredible ,

I guess you need to have at least a little investement into anime/video game/ scie-fie to truly enjoy it, personnaly I didnt read the manga except a few volumes back in hightschool but didnt realy get into it.

But this manga is a actualy an inspiration of many other fictions and video games ,so the adaptation may very much likely reminds you of another fiction based on the same theme that you liked,personnaly I felt like the movie took place in Midgar from FF7 and I loved it. And now I realize that a big part of FF7 may very much likely be litteraly stolen from Gunm...

Anyway, the visuals and actions is realy amazing, you can tell the movie was made with dedication to the source material ( friends told me that) , it's full of details in every shot.

You get attached to the main character very quickly, and I feel like they even added a western ( I mean something the western audience can relate to , not a western movie) touch, the beginning reminded me off pinochio and I think it's done on purpose , some added details are , in my opinion, added for this reason.

The visuals are full of details, the story is very focused on a few characters.But realy the main focus is the main character and IMO you get on board right in the beginning.

Some very few moments are weird , but apparently the weidest moments are litteraly from the manga, and the end is a bit anti climatic , especially because the mid section of the movie has a very strong moment so what follows is a bit less intense, and you can get they wanted to make a sequel so they dont finish the story right away ( I would have loved a last act of 20min to finish the story )

But realy, the movie is so gorgeous, full of details and intense that you just dont mind it at all, it doesn't come as a disapointement at all , it's just that the movie is so great you want more of it, this is like a 8.5/10 in my opinion.

And I think as someone with ASD the movie has an added value, because the main character has a very experessive face, (done incredibly well with motion capture) and the character ( so the actress that has done an incredible job ) doesnt hold back any emotion at all, so during the movie you have strong emotionnal moments, she discover everything for the first time and you buy it.
I realy felt so many things during this movie it was incredible.

Just dont watch the trailers because they tell you all the plot ( well not all of it but a big part).

Did you see that movie? For me this is easely the best manga adaptation and actually one of the best movie I have seen in years, I think it even tops infinity war for me because Infinity war has 10 years of world building prior to it so you care about the movie, while Alita does that in one movie, so it should be objectively considered better.

Great movie, loved the self actualization theme, until they ruined the whole story by making it all about a romantic relationship and how her motivating factor and sacrifice were to get the boy's love!!!

I haven't seen the movie but I read the Manga.
And I love it. Tech, philosophy and morality in a beautiful package of gore and philosophy.
Biggest failing was never going beyond the 2nd book.
So much of the story missed out on.
there are 9 books in the original series.
and something like 20 in the extended series

I enjoyed the film. It helped that James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez were fans of the manga instead of some suits who are just trying to make a quick buck. It was also partially filmed in Austin which is an hour and 20 or so minutes from where I live.

Have you read the manga?

No, I went through a period where I couldn't read graphic novels of any sort, because of the visual layout of them being too confusing. It lasted several years. It seems to have let up now, (mostly, I think), but I'm still rather leery of reading that sort of thing, unless they are based on a traditional book that I love. It sounds like this might be worth adding to my 'someday' list of things to try when I'm feeling brave. :)

Okay, so there is a concept in military culture: you can not blame someone for something he didn't know at the time of the battle.
This concept comes in handy anytime the order of frames is in question.
Did they both translate and mirror the artwork or only translate?
That's a factor as it might be left to right or Right to left.
The order I put that is as important as math - order of operations.
If it doesn't make sense change the order.

I still have the ‘90s anime of Battle Angel Alita on LaserDisc. A part of me is hesitant to watch the new movie, due to the PG-13 rating for a very R-rated manga property.

New Threads

Top Bottom