• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please do not discuss Vaccine-ASD connection controversy on AC/AutismForums

Status
Not open for further replies.

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
Please do not start threads about the supposed link between vaccines and autism spectrum disorders on Aspies Central. (AutismForums) The paper written in 1998 that popularized this idea has since been discredited and its author was found guilty of serious professional misconduct, including conducting fraudulent research, by the UK's General Medical Council. There is currently no credible evidence that there is any connection between vaccines and autism spectrum disorders and therefore no compelling reason to discuss this topic.

For more information on this subject, see these articles:

MMR vaccine controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thiomersal controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World Health Organization - Thiomersal and vaccines: questions and answers

CDC - Vaccine Safety: Thimerosal

MMR doctor struck from register

Wakefield?s article linking MMR vaccine and autism was fraudulent

Study Linking Vaccines to Autism Is "Fraudulent"

The Autism Vaccine Fraud: Dr. Wakefield's Costly Lie to Society

Last edited:
Thank you. I know too many forums too well, which really split because of big controversial issues. In ASDs' case, that's the vaccine issue. We need to do justice... to right the wrong

I'm surprised that people are STILL discussing the vaccine crap.

Well, when people get so invested in ideas like this that turn out to be wrong, often their response isn't to admit that they were wrong but rather to "double down" on the crazy.

I don't generally like the idea of placing any subject as off-limits for discussion, but I think discussion on this topic is something we really don't need. I feel strongly about this subject since I think the idea that vaccines cause autism has done quite a bit of harm and has most likely killed children who didn't get vaccinated from fear of vaccines causing autism. The last thing I want is for AC to be a forum that perpetuates any of these ideas. If anyone still feels the need to debate this subject, I'm sure there's probably a forum somewhere else on the internet where you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom