• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pink Floyd Obsessed

Yes, for all my life. My first album was Wish You Were Here, it changed my life. In times of trouble or stress Pink Floyd is my go-to.

Yes. Maybe not so much now, but when I was in my teens/early 20s, definitely.
Favourite albums: Dark Side of the Moon and Animals.

Same for me. I have been watching reaction videos for a while on Youtube also. Mostly Pink Floyd reactions. They help me re-experience my Pink Floyd conversion experience as a teenager in about 1979 or 1980.

Echoes Live at Pompeii Part One really gets down and dirty. Love it.

Great albums. Keep in mind they are a band you can rediscover multiple times. I think so anyway.
Yes, that's true - I do quite often come back to their albums.

Do you prefer their early, more pyschedelic Syd Barrett era stuff, or later?

Dub Side of the Moon by Easy Star All Stars is worth a look if you're a fan of Floyd. It's a reggae/dub cover album and has some astounding tracks which go above and beyond most covers you normally hear.

Ed

Hmm I find dark side of the very average but find wish you were here and animals very poignant and relatable
So I think like barret rather than Floyd itself.

Dub Side of the Moon by Easy Star All Stars is worth a look if you're a fan of Floyd. It's a reggae/dub cover album and has some astounding tracks which go above and beyond most covers you normally hear.

Ed
I love Reggae. I love dub. I love Pink Floyd. What could go wrong?

Yes, that's true - I do quite often come back to their albums.

Do you prefer their early, more pyschedelic Syd Barrett era stuff, or later?
I'm not anti-Syd. But I do prefer post-Syd Floyd. You can certainly see Syd's DNA in later Floyd. I was originally a mad Waters fan. Loved all his solo stuff. Still do. But as a person he seems to be a bit of a $#@^.

Gilmour seems to me the most fundamental contributor, in sound. I think I read somewhere the suggestion that David Gilmour may be on the spectrum. If you watch interviews with him you can see why.

I'm not anti-Syd. But I do prefer post-Syd Floyd. You can certainly see Syd's DNA in later Floyd. I was originally a mad Waters fan. Loved all his solo stuff. Still do. But as a person he seems to be a bit of a $#@^.

Gilmour seems to me the most fundamental contributor, in sound. I think I read somewhere the suggestion that David Gilmour may be on the spectrum. If you watch interviews with him you can see why.
I prefer the post-Syd era, too. They became more mainstream after that, but keeping their own style which in turn influenced or inspired many musicians to come. After all, a whole generation grew up with Floyd. Very important band in terms of output, creativity, influence and legacy.

The Final Cut is probably one of their least popular albums, but I used to listen to three tracks in particular a lot - Paranoid Eyes, Not Now John and Two Suns in the Sunset. Over and over again.

Of Waters' solo work, the album I'm most familiar with is Radio KAOS, listen to that a lot when it first came out, I also liked his most recent effort, Is This The Life We Really Want?

Gilmour - I've never seen an interview with him. I bought and listened to his first solo album quite a lot when it first came out, and On An Island too, but prefer Waters' solo stuff.

Joined this forum just to reply to this cause same!! I'm a massive Wright fan but I generally listen to all of their works, both in band and solo

I like their early 70s work. (Dark Side. Pompei.) Was never obsessed. Momentary spiked interest.

Liked them when I was in high school. 49 years ago, like dark side of the moon really early stuff a bit strange.

Hi, I have been Pink Floyd obsessed for over 35 years. Anyone else there similar?
Yup. :)..That one is by far one of the best obsessions I have. And I have had it for 40 years now (started at age of 6). I find it very sensory friendly. If you look closer you will be to tell a lot of similarities between songs like Shine on You Crazy Diamond (to give you example) and those autism sensory videos on you tube:

Hi, I have been Pink Floyd obsessed for over 35 years. Anyone else there similar?

One of the few artists whose music never sounds dated no matter what decade I've listened to it.

My wife doesn't like them. That was two strikes off the top. She's lucky she had other desirable attributes ;)

A post-Barrett fan of Floyd meself.
Favorites albums are 'Meddle' and 'Obscured by Clouds', but DSOTM and The Wall rank high too.
Sometimes I'll play "Seamus" if I want to get the dogs involved.....

New Threads

Top Bottom