• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Picture filters

I'm sure you've seen them - they make you look flawlessly skinned, bright eyed, full lashed... or they give you a "cute" dog nose or cat ears and whiskers, or a flower crown or sparkles.

THEY MAKE ME RAGE!

I don't know why, they just infuriate me. More so when its grown adults in their 30s/40s/50s using them. I just don't get it?!

I think for some people its just a way of having fun and playing a game of 'what-if' - I suppose its kind of like in childhood where you'd dress up, wear masks, etc just for 'fun' - which often continues into your teens and even adult life.
This picture filter thing, I suppose, is like the next evolution of it; just using technology instead.

I think for some people its just a way of having fun and playing a game of 'what-if' - I suppose its kind of like in childhood where you'd dress up, wear masks, etc just for 'fun' - which often continues into your teens and even adult life.
This picture filter thing, I suppose, is like the next evolution of it; just using technology instead.
I like to dress up and do weird make up and stuff, especially for Halloween. (I won't post my latest make up creation, its rather gory) But there's no creativity or individuality with these things - they make everyone look exactly the same.

You mean you don't like "Photoshopping" ? :p

Yeah, nothing like taking one's picture and then seeing them light up when you ask them, "Ok, how many pounds do you want to lose in this photograph?" Or, "You want green eyes instead of brown?"

Though it's nothing really new in concept. There's still skillful airbrushing that we see in magazines. Not a particularly popular practice any more, but it still goes on using digital technology instead of actual airbrushes, inks and compressed air.

So you don't want to look "perfect", eh? Seems to me writer Rod Serling had something to say about that in one of his episodes of "The Twilight Zone" many years ago. ;)

Last edited:
You mean you don't like "Photoshopping" ? :p

Yeah, nothing like taking one's picture and then seeing them light up when you ask them, "Ok, how many pounds do you want to lose in this photograph?" Or, "You want green eyes instead of brown?"

On of my sisters friends is from South Korea. As I'm sure we all know, they are well known for very impressive plastic surgeries. She's pretty overweight, and does not fit the mould of what is expected by South Korean society. She has become so proficient at photoshopping selfies of herself, that I am always genuinely surprised when I see her in RL because I am so used to seeing her in pictures on Facebook that quite frankly, look nothing like her.

As for filters like the dog face and the like, I'll use them very occasionally to send only to my friends on something like Snapchat...but usually the ones that make you look really stupid :p

I do have an app on my phone that's meant for basically photoshopping your pics, because I use the stickers on it on pictures. I did once take a selfie and turn every tool on and all the way up...and I ended up looking like some weird alien :tearsofjoy:

Not something I'd choose to do. (Add floppy bunny ears to a photo of myself) I don't understand it but I'm not going to get wound up by it.

Each to their own. Live and let live and all that.?

Not something I'd choose to do. (Add floppy bunny ears to a photo of myself) I don't understand it but I'm not going to get wound up by it.

Each to their own. Live and let live and all that.?
Of course, I agree each to their own, doesn't mean I can't vent about it ;) I'm sure there are many people who say similar things about my facial piercings and tattoos and green hair lol.

I don't know why it annoys me, its just one of those things. I feel the same about lip fillers and eyebrows with right angles.

New Threads

Top Bottom