• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Picky eater checklist?

tlc

The Mackinac Bridge and U.P. is my happy place.
I've seen many discussions on food likes/dislikes. But does anyone know of a REALLY good comprehensive checklist of foods? Whether it be for picky eaters, or someone with food allergies, or whatever? Like something I could hand over to a relative who likes to cook and say there you go, here's exactly what I'll eat and what I won't.

Can't seem to find anything as good as what I'm thinking of, but doing it myself would take me forever and I'd probably forget stuff and of course regret it later.

Do you mean, a format?
Here is one.

upload_2019-8-14_21-48-18.png

Or do you mean, something like a list of virtually every food that might be served,
so that you can check which ones are acceptable to you?

Or do you mean, something like a list of virtually every food that might be served,
so that you can check which ones are acceptable to you?

This. ^

I've got a pretty good format in mind. Like "No Way", "Acceptable", and "Really Like"

Meals and dishes can be made in so many different ways. So I'm thinking more along the lines of actual ingredients, or single food items. That way they can decide how they actually want to make it, what to leave out or substitute, etc. I wonder if I could get a hold of a supermarket inventory list perhaps, and narrow it down as I see fit.

Personally I would try to make it as uncomplicated as possible - give a list on no-no foods to avoid at all costs, then you know what you get is going to be ok. Top on my no-no list is eggs, closely followed by tomatoes.

The list would be easy for me, since I will eat almost anything. However, my wife is a different story. So we usually eat what she wants to eat. Her list would be just like Pats list.

Personally I would try to make it as uncomplicated as possible - give a list on no-no foods to avoid at all costs, then you know what you get is going to be ok. Top on my no-no list is eggs, closely followed by tomatoes.

I'd leave it complete for myself and store it. And therefore can edit it later. But I'd just hand over the foods to avoid, and any that I really really like (not that many really). I just want something for myself to start with that covers practically everything you'd find in the store, otherwise I'm going to miss a bunch of things I'm sure.

Looks like I may have struck gold.

Open Grocery Database Project - Grocery.com

A quick look shows 65000+ lines of practically everything I'd find in a grocery store. So I can pick things out here and there and shouldn't miss anything. Nice Excel list, I can sort, filter, delete, copy lines and paste to another list, etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom