• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some local spots in Northern Nevada.

Churchill County.jpg

Desert Sunset.jpg

Rock Formation.jpg

@VictorR - Love those! Where are they taken? I want to go there. lol

Thanks! The photos are of Cheakamus Canyon, and taken from the train (Vancouver-Whistler) which was discontinued in 2015. The area is also accessible via a hike off #99, but it's to a higher vantage point.

Thanks! The photos are of Cheakamus Canyon, and taken from the train (Vancouver-Whistler) which was discontinued in 2015. The area is also accessible via a hike off #99, but it's to a higher vantage point.

Nice! I didn't know you were around this area. I used to live in Vancouver, now out in the Kootenays.
I imagine you could hike in on the rail bed too if desired.. Unless it's still being used, then maybe that'd be a not so good idea.

Part two of Friday evening at a night market, after my walk with a friend:

Inglewood Night Market 27.jpg

Inglewood Night Market 28.jpg

And a little something from my wanderings yesterday (Saturday), on some weekends I never really stop taking photos, off this afternoon for more at a small classic car show

Pontiac 01.jpg

Some earlier b/w photos I took on Kodak T-Max film back in the late 80s with my Canon A1 SLR.

Boat Dock.jpg

Fort Point.jpg

Wagon Wheel.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have as much experience with photography as a lot of people on here, but my uncle is a professional photographer and he taught me some stuff. Here are some of my best:
autumn.JPG

baby geese.JPG

beach1.JPG

bikes.JPG

boat sunset.JPG

boats.JPG

cemetery.JPG

flowers1.JPG

flowers2.JPG

reflection1.JPG

:( I am a little nervous posting here! You are all so talented, and I have zero professional training! I have never really experimented with landscape photography; I tend to get wrapped up in Nature's tiny details.

Here are two of my favorite photographs/observations below:

Orange-Fringed Orchid (Platanthera ciliaris)
1.jpg

Pandora Sphinx Larva (Eumorpha pandorus)
7.jpg

@Flown

I'm not professionally trained either... Started into the hobby over 15 years ago and have just kept at it... Lots of practice and lots of photos over those years... But have always kept it as a hobby...

I've been reviewing some older photos recently, from 2007/09, related to my street photography... And I still walk the same streets these days...

Vintage Street 06.jpg

Vintage Street 07.jpg

Vintage Street 08.jpg

Luck does play a role sometimes. Dog V4 is hard to photograph because he won't stay still. A while back I managed to get his attention long enough to get this shot.
DSCN0367.JPG

One more from 2008 (and now I'll shut up :cool:), a long time favourite of mine, I did take it... And guess who the actual musician is...
Vintage Street 09.jpg

I used to travel in connection with my job. These are a couple photos I took of animals in Australia (near Melbourne) and South Africa.

The photo of the elephant was taken after I took a plastic Fanta Orange soda bottle away from the it. Taking the bottle from the elephant was the second dumbest thing I have ever done. Taking the photo of the charging elephant was the dumbest thing I ever did. Yes, if you are wondering I had been drinking at the time.View attachment 70632 View attachment 70633View attachment 70635

The elephant may have been trying to return that bottle to the gods. Did you see any rhinos stomping out fires? :)

Been monkeying around with cameras since 1970. Once in a while one of the photos might be a keeper.
I prefer landscapes without people and/or manmade alterations. With the DLSR I now use, night photography is done occasionally with moonlight or campfire/ augmented by lantern light. Film seemed more compatible with low light use compared to digital.
0048115.jpg
IMGA0117.jpg
IMGP1638.jpg
MonoLake north.jpg
Elephants1.jpg
IMGA0347.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom