• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So pretty! I have a nice camera, and would like to know how to use it better. But, I'm very much an amateur.
But I'll post a few of our property pictures here after I get some dinner. Most of the best ones are actually taken by my wife. I think she's got a better eye than I do for taking a good photo.

In the meantime, I know @Sherlock77 on here is quite the photographer too. I've seen him post some of his photos around here as well.

Someone called?

@Akiroq Nice photos

I'm a rather active amateur photographer (it's not my job though), I mainly do urban photography and street photography, I might be the only Aspie street photographer :)

One photo from the past summer

Peace Bridge 01.jpg

And some recent street photography

Street Photograph 11.jpg

My Instagram link is in my signature, I also have posted a few photos in the media section of this site

Does anyone else here enjoy photography? I am by no means a professional, but it´s something I enjoy. Here are some photographs I´ve shared: https://pixabay.com/users/akiroq-2665063/
I´ve shared them for anyone to be able to enjoy and use, even for commercial use.

I´d love to see some of yours!

Your photos are exquisite! As are Judge and Sherlock's. Thank you for sharing them, here, for all to enjoy!

I quite enjoy photography, myself. Not sure I take the best photos, but, perhaps will share in the coming days.

Your photos are exquisite! As are Judge and Sherlock's. Thank you for sharing them, here, for all to enjoy!

I quite enjoy photography, myself. Not sure I take the best photos, but, perhaps will share in the coming days.

Don't worry how good you are, if you enjoy it keep doing it... And if you are motivated enough take some steps to make some improvements, and learn some new skills... :)

Love all the pictures shared here. :)
I wouldn't call myself a photographer, I just like to pretend I am for my own amusement and to fill up my wall space. I'm planning to blow this one up next. My son on one of our nature walks...
20210515_122146.jpg

Pictures from around our property. I think my wife took all but maybe the second to last of these. She really does have a good eye I think.

065.jpg

IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_9161.JPG

Beautiful photos everyone. It's a shame I'm at work and can't share mine. I always feel inspired when I see other people's work. The colours in the link you shared are incredibly vibrant. Do you modify or edit them in anyway? I mean, I know colours in nature can be incredible. Maybe it's my monitor settings on my work PC. They just looked almost too good to be true.

A friend of Kristy's is offering to teach me Photoshop next month so I can edit and make my photos ready to print to order. I honestly thought that a photo would print out and look like how it did on the PC monitor.

Also hoping to use it for digital art too. Any Photoshop users here? I'm looking forward to learning it again. I used it a bit in Film Studies class back at university.

Ed

A friend of Kristy's is offering to teach me Photoshop next month so I can edit and make my photos ready to print to order. I honestly thought that a photo would print out and look like how it did on the PC monitor.

Also hoping to use it for digital art too. Any Photoshop users here? I'm looking forward to learning it again. I used it a bit in Film Studies class back at university.

Ed

Veteran Photoshop user since the late 90s here. Still using a full version Photoshop 5.5, though it can be ornery at times with Windows 10. Yeah, it's the only software I use when it comes to printing black and white and color based on what I see on my monitor.

Comes in real handy in "tweaking" digital photos.

A recent trip to Virginia City, Nevada. It ain't nuthin' like the Cartwrights claim. :p

Took the long way by train from Virginia City to Gold Hill. Probably less than a mile. :oops:

Engine.jpg

Open Air Car.jpg

Gold Hill.jpg

And back To Virginia City:

VC_1.jpg

VC_2.jpg

VC_3.jpg

Steam Engine.jpg

Blacksmith.jpg

I have always wanted to take photographs of people but I am way too shy. I love this type of photography!

I just started doing it early on in my photography, and have settled into actively do street photography now, but it does take some guts but I find that most people are friendly enough...

I used to travel in connection with my job. These are a couple photos I took of animals in Australia (near Melbourne) and South Africa.

The photo of the elephant was taken after I took a plastic Fanta Orange soda bottle away from the it. Taking the bottle from the elephant was the second dumbest thing I have ever done. Taking the photo of the charging elephant was the dumbest thing I ever did. Yes, if you are wondering I had been drinking at the time.
FCFE3910-8276-49B6-9042-81F88934482E.jpeg
5BAAF0E9-6890-4075-A2B4-7D6142939623.jpeg
03D503DA-5AA0-49EE-BF8C-C12E7FE5C7ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably the one truly practical lesson over time I have learned using Photoshop was that to print images no larger than standard letter size (8.5" x 11") does not really require dots per inch settings (DPI) in excess of 350.

Most consumer-oriented color printers don't allow for printing much larger than standard or legal size paper. So I never saw the point of archiving large numbers of images at a higher DPI level requiring much more disk space and memory. Consequently I set my Canon software to download images directly from my DSLR at 350 DPI.

Of course if you want to outsource your image files to a lab that can print them poster size, then yeah you need to leave them at much higher native DPI settings your digital camera creates them at.

Though in my case using such an old (late 90s) version of Photoshop, it crashes the program in Windows 10 attempting to use a setting above 400 DPI. Likely something that isn't an issue with much more recent versions and computers with plenty of memory (16GB or higher).

As for images to be posted online, it's a waste of our host's bandwidth to keep them beyond say 72 DPI. The images I posted were originally 350 DPI resized to 800 x 533 pixels using 72 DPI through Photoshop.

Last edited:
Tonight, on my Google Pixel 4a phone, went for a walk with a friend, decided not to take my camera... Did end up taking some camera phone photos, how to read where the light is, this was taken while I was taking a call from a friend... Multi tasking :)

Edit_01B.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom