• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pets

richbebo

I've always had a keen interest in animals and i dunno if this is an aspie trait but maybe i'll find out if you guys are the same. I have a rabbit, a tarantula, giant african land snails and a dog.I've also had many more kinds and i'm hopin to get some scorpions. i started off liking fury animals but now i'm moving onto the more exotic ones, i find them way more interesting and their fun to learn about. Anyone can hold a rabbit so its way cooler being able to hold a huge hairy spider (which i tend to show off alot lol), i'll try and upload a pic. Anyone else got any interesting pets?

Heres my grusome pet tarantula, he's called Bubbles and he's a chillian rose ( i thought i'd be ironic with the name), he's probably about 3 inches from leg to leg and he still got some growin to to. I feed him crickets and it looks so cool when he attacks them, he's so quick and it looks like he's stuffing them in his gob like homer simpson and a doghnut. I totaly recomend one to anyone.

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG0063A.jpg
    IMG0063A.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 80
Not sure if it is an aspie trait. I have always loved animals and they hold more value sometimes than people because of the fact they will love you unconditionally. They don't judge you or hurt you either. What you see is what you get and there are no games. Predictability, loyalty, and repetition are definitely aspie attractions so maybe there is some validity to all that. But there are many out there who don't have asperger's yet find more commonality with animals than people.

-sean-

I don't know if they would be considered unique or interesting, but my wife and I have two cats. We both love animals more than people as well, for the reasons mentioned in the previous post.

right now i have 2 dogs sadie the one in the coat and harrison and two cats ... ( the cats are not mine they just eat and sleep here lol)

i use to have a rabbit and a horse they both died and soo did my cat trixie...

Attachments

• 73156_1680486329852_1168350006_1946767_816058_n.jpg
    73156_1680486329852_1168350006_1946767_816058_n.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 85
  • 28593_1476308025522_1168350006_1419690_1320461_n.jpg
    28593_1476308025522_1168350006_1419690_1320461_n.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 77
right now i have 2 dogs sadie the one in the coat and harrison and two cats ... ( the cats are not mine they just eat and sleep here lol)

Sarah,

Yes you told me Trixie died and that was so sad. But do you plan on keeping the strays as official pets? You never mentioned your rabbit and horse dying. I hope all these didn't happen one after another, that would be extremely difficult to handle. Just losing them at all would be hard enough, let alone losing one while grieving the loss of another. Do you plan on getting anymore pets? I myself have such problems with dealing with loss and fear of loss or abandonment that it is probably better I stay petless for now :)

/sean/

is the one on the right a labrador? we used to have one called dudley and he's black aswell and i had a chocolate one of my own called Frank. Labbies are great dogs arent they, so friendly and they love water. Frank would run towards a near pond as soon as he new where he was and disapear then all we would hear is a huge splash and we say to ourselves "he's in that bloody pond again"lol. TBH that dog has left more of a mark on me than anyone else who has left my life.

Wow, those 2 dogs look simply amazing and healthy too. :p

Sorry about your rabbit, horse and your cat though. :(

is the one on the right a labrador? we used to have one called dudley and he's black aswell and i had a chocolate one of my own called Frank. Labbies are great dogs arent they, so friendly and they love water. Frank would run towards a near pond as soon as he new where he was and disapear then all we would hear is a huge splash and we say to ourselves "he's in that bloody pond again"lol. TBH that dog has left more of a mark on me than anyone else who has left my life.

yes he is a lab he is only 2 years old very much still a puppy and hyper never watches where he is going just runs and sometimes i get ran over lol and well just tonight he ran into a door! as for water he is scared of the water for some reason which is very unusual.

I only have one pet, a big orange tabby cat named Oliver, but I love him to bits. He's really sweet and adorable, and soft too. He ignores me sometimes but at other times he begs for attention... lol.
Here's a picture of him: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13886480@N05/3982837192/

It is an Aspie trait, I've read that in a number of places. They're uncomplicated and friendly. My dad told me that dogs read and analyse your facial expressions! I've always loved animals. My family know me as the animal person. I like wasps especially, always have, and bees. I get so impatient when people want to squash them because they're scared of them. I also like frogs and toads. I used to spend ages by the pond in the garden watching them. We've had lots of guinea pigs, and I have two hamsters: Laska and Morag.

It is an Aspie trait, I've read that in a number of places. They're uncomplicated and friendly. My dad told me that dogs read and analyse your facial expressions! I've always loved animals. My family know me as the animal person. I like wasps especially, always have, and bees. I get so impatient when people want to squash them because they're scared of them. I also like frogs and toads. I used to spend ages by the pond in the garden watching them. We've had lots of guinea pigs, and I have two hamsters: Laska and Morag.

Yep dogs are good at reading facial expressions. probably better than us at it :) I always saw dogs as more like nt's, being more social, etc. While cats are more similar to aspies and try to keep to themselves more and will snap at others who get in their way at times :)There are many animals I wihs I could have as pets. I really love deer and ducks forinstance lol.

-sean-

Anyone interested in owning a tarantula i have made a useful blog about looking after them please visit, i'm trying to rack up some views so it will be noticed on google.
here it is...
http://pettarantula.blogspot.com/2011/02/introduction.html

Awww! She looks like our minpin/weenie, Tilly. Same coloring, same lap-cattiness (she LOVES to burrow under my husband's sweatshirts), just a smidge bigger. :blush:

New Threads

Top Bottom