• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pets

ChrisN

I couldnt find a thread specifically for pets so here it is
I have 5 dogs: A min pin named Kellie and 4 Yorkies: Rocky and Bullwinkle, Joey and Comet.
Rocky and Bullwinkle are twins except Rocky is about 8 lbs and Bullwinkle is about 2 lbs. He is a shrimp. Joey and Comet shared the same home with their breeder so they are buds. Comet always wants to challenge Kellie, the Alpha Female, over whats in one of the 5 food bowls. Kellie always wins.

I also have 4 turtles: Abercrombie, Fitch, Sanford and Son. Abrercrombie and Sanford are about 5 inches. Fitch and Son less so. We bond.

I couldnt find a thread specifically for pets so here it is
I have 5 dogs: A min pin named Kellie and 4 Yorkies: Rocky and Bullwinkle, Joey and Comet.
Rocky and Bullwinkle are twins except Rocky is about 8 lbs and Bullwinkle is about 2 lbs. He is a shrimp. Joey and Comet shared the same home with their breeder so they are buds. Comet always wants to challenge Kellie, the Alpha Female, over whats in one of the 5 food bowls. Kellie always wins.

I also have 4 turtles: Abercrombie, Fitch, Sanford and Son. Abrercrombie and Sanford are about 5 inches. Fitch and Son less so. We bond.

I demand pictures!!!

I have two fish named Shaireman and Alpha. And a cat named Moonlight. My fish are both betta fish.

I have a dog- Sawyer, 2 cats- Merlin and Prince, 3 ball pythons- Morty, Ember, and Steve, a tarantula - Sunnah, and a tortoise -Xeltan

Nothing better than pictures of pets!

Here's the last dog I "owned"; the issue of who owned who was never entirely resolved.

ymNv2xy.jpg

This was Maggie in her natural element: all-day hikes way out in the countryside, the dirtier, the wetter, the better. It wasn't unusual for us to encounter not a single person from morning 'til night; it was good for us both!

A slightly more glamourous shot,

KMTMygW.jpg

Don't let the good looks fool you: she was a nasty piece of work to anyone who wasn't immediate family. But, over a decade since her passing, I still miss her.

This is my new crew! Ender belongs to a good friend, I take him out for his walks, groom him, give him treats...he's quite a character. The most affectionate creature I have ever come across.
HGRudX7.jpg

His animal partner in the house is a feeble, sack-of-bones, old toothless cat. This is an unusual picture; Ender usually won't tolerate the cat being around because he wants all the attention!

D1ZEeZ9.jpg

All of your pets are so gorgeous :hearteyes: I love animals, and there are quite a few cats owned by people near me who are always happy for some attention (and I talk to them too which sometimes leads to strange looks).

I'd love to have pets, but my anxiety and OCD prevent this. My best friend has 2 cats, 2 dogs and tropical fish. I visit her once a week and love to see all the animals :)

My wife and I have five Chihuahuas. Our kids are long gone and have families of their own. So now the dogs are our babies. Two of them have their very own person. One each for my wife and I. They are the ones who decide who's person is who's and the pecking order in the pack, not us. We just could not imagine being without our "fur babies".

I've got a liver and white springer spaniel named Lily, and a cat called Millie. I did have an Irish red and white setter but he pasted away last June when he just couldn't stand up any more.

My bratty boy Thor who lives up to his name, whose face looks angelic, but is always bleeding or having his ears shredded.

Last edited:
i have lots of non humanoid life forms in my house,i am therefor their slave.
yesterday i was very happy because i got a new fish-a large angel fish i have named hugo.
7c6349f2d1.png

he has settled down greatly getting on with all my big or small fish,i have a 400l tank with many fish from various gouramis to calm cichlids to barbs and rummy nose tetras,loads of different loaches etc .

7c72fde265.jpg

heres my support cat,mr shadow,hangin out on his crib. he helps me when i have a seizure;i will either wake up with him lying on my side/chest or he will be sat next to me watching.
he is my autism/ID support,he calms my behaviors and he has cut down a lot of severe challenging behavioral incidents,when they happen he will stay there and look at me.
when i go to bed he comes with me to watch me for a while then he goes off to bed,he is a incredible cat.

i have two rabbits;luna and binky,luna is 1 and a half yrs old and binky is nearly 4,theyre both ill at the moment i had them in a makeshift intensive care unit in the bathroom for a while to control their gastric stasis and eating,theyre now back outside but not recovered fully. i had to forcibly syringe feed recovery food from the vet for a while and give baby food to the more iller rabbit.ive now controlled their diet better so hopefully this wont happen again.
unfortunately i have no pics of my guys on this laptop.

ive also got a gaggle of chickens that i brought up in my bedroom,i incubated them and they would jump from their brooder in my bedroom every day to lie on top of me in bed,id wake up covered in s***.
but i didnt care,such is the life of a chicken lover.
5 of my japanese cochin and my light sussex birds were stolen-including my best friend ever;tito,he was my support chicken,i miss him so much i want a tattoo of him.
heres a pic of him and me:
7cb111070a.jpg

I love animals! I have had cats most of my life, they soothe me when I'm sad and make me feel safe when I'm anxious. Plus they make me incredibly happy when I'm already feeling good ;) I've got two black cats called Monster and Bolletje. Bolletje used to have a different name, but when I moved in with my boyfriend (whose cats they originally are) she started following me around all the time and has started to behave so much like me she got one of my old nicknames ^_^

I could go on about how awesome they are all day, because I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady. But I won't, nobody wants to hear about other peoples' cats :D

7c6349f2d1.png

he has settled down greatly getting on with all my big or small fish,i have a 400l tank with many fish from various gouramis to calm cichlids to barbs and rummy nose tetras,loads of different loaches etc .

Is that a kissing gourami I spy in the background?

Is that a kissing gourami I spy in the background?
yep thats him. :D i take it your into fish?
that fishy is kisser [yes i know,its not a very imaginative name],he waves his authoritah around the tank;kissing all the big fish but we all know it was the golden sucker loach,bumble who ruled the roost,since her death recently shes handed the water reigns over to new hugo i think, he seems like he will be a good but fair ruler...yes im bats***crazy.

PS.ive found a photo of luna and binky together on my dads laptop,it was when they were being kept together at a rabbit sanctuary as the owner of the place was bonding the pair for me,luna will take absolutely anything so it was a 24/7 bonkfest for a while.
7e7839d093.jpg

bonkitybonkitybonk,poor luna.

yep thats him. :D i take it your into fish?

Not really no, but my friend I mentioned earlier who has fish has a kissing gourami! She did have two, but sadly one died not long after they got the pair, but the other one is still going strong :)

I love animals! I have had cats most of my life, they soothe me when I'm sad and make me feel safe when I'm anxious. Plus they make me incredibly happy when I'm already feeling good ;) I've got two black cats called Monster and Bolletje. Bolletje used to have a different name, but when I moved in with my boyfriend (whose cats they originally are) she started following me around all the time and has started to behave so much like me she got one of my old nicknames ^_^

I could go on about how awesome they are all day, because I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady. But I won't, nobody wants to hear about other peoples' cats :D
actually,your statement is incorrect,all of we crazy cat people absolutely love hearing about cats, its got to be cats this and cats that, they are my god,i bow down to their incredible skills such as puking up wherever they want without anyone giving a damn-yet if i do it i get shouted at for messing up the floor,manipulating humans without them noticing and sleeping all day.
talk as much as you want about your cats,they are our life,praise be to cat jesus, hallellmewyah.

New Threads

Top Bottom