• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personal Opinions Please: Part 2

Gomendosi

V.I.P Member
As in part 1, I am Aspergical and so I often get things mixed up, therefore I genuinely need personal opinions (with anonymous examples If you like) to be able to understand whether or not my ability to put things in context is working properly, therefore the more input on how these things differ from their counterpart is going to be helpful to me.

Try not to just agree with another post but actually profess your own opinions, thanks ; ]

What is the difference between:

Generalization & Inclusive

Inflame & Enquire

Deprecate & Debate

1) Inclusion is probably meant to be warmer.

2) It's in the temper of the person you ask. Temper is just a euphemism for lack of control. Some people absolutely love being offended.

3) In the tone of the rhetoric and in the cognitive pitfalls like confirmation bias.

Generalization is outward. Inclusive is inward. A generalization casts an opinion or an assumption across a vast majority. An inclusion brings a majority into a whole.

To inflame is to provoke or incite, like inciting a riot. To enquire (or inquire) is to investigate or probe, generally for information of some kind.

To deprecate is to diminish or disapprove. To debate is to put forth opposing arguments for discussion.

Generalisation is a sweeping comment about a group that overlooks the specifics of each individual, like a stereotype does. Inclusive sets a boundary identifying which people fall into the group, being inclusive means the boundary is loose taking in more unlike exclusive where the boundary is rigid or tight about who gets into the group.

To inflame is to stoke or add fuel in a negative way while enquire is to show respect in the way information is asked for.

To deprecate is to put the other person down while debate is to have an exchange of information in order for a third party to draw a conclusion.

New Threads

Top Bottom