• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People with a poor attitude

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I went to a small classic car show today, about 25 cars were there and the first time there has been a show at this place...

Anyway... Saw a guy post on Facebook complain about arriving at the show when 7 cars were there, probably didn't stay long and rather quickly declared it a waste of his time... Maybe he didn't stay long enough for at least a few more cars to arrive, and everyone I talked to enjoyed the day...

Now a story... Later on when about five cars were left a couple arrived, I talked to her partner and he told me a story about why she was there... Her father passed away recently in another province, the memorial service was yesterday but she was unable to attend, but her dad loved classic cars! So her moment of remembering her father was to find somewhere to photograph classic cars... For her even seeing five cars made her day...

I asked if I could take her photo with this car taking some photos, given the story I had heard and got this one, her story against the original post I saw just made me think about attitude and how important it really is... And I'll be the first to admit that this has sometimes been a struggle with me...

Pontiac 02.jpg

Love your story too. Perspective really is everything. I've learned one way of appreciating things is to not have expectations and to just enjoy the moment even if things don't turn out the way you want it. This is one of my favorite quotes that I combined with a photo I took outside the hospital where my dad was undergoing major surgery for his cancer a couple years back.
1555798091900.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Would love to see more stories like this here.

Love your story too. Perspective really is everything. I've learned one way of appreciating things is to not have expectations and to just enjoy the moment even if things don't turn out the way you want it. This is one of my favorite quotes that I combined with a photo I took outside the hospital where my dad was undergoing major surgery for his cancer a couple years back.

Thanks for sharing. Would love to see more stories like this here.

I even struggle with that sometimes, with me saying that...

And I don't often find stories like this one, I just hope the photo is as good as the story, that doesn't always happen!

Awesome. Thinking back some of the best moments from experiences, was when I had few expectations and lived in the moment. That is in contrast to my overthinking and overplanning when I would go off the rails when reality didn't match the map in my head. I am sometimes my worst enemy but have gotten better by embracing imperfection.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom