1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PEOPLE ON THE SPECTRUM-UNITE

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JoGo, Sep 25, 2019.

1. JoGo

JoGo Active Member

Has any of you sick of being harassed? Are you tired of being picked on? And are you tired of being stigmatized and marginalized?

I am, and I would like to make a movement and when I say movement, I don’t mean 10 to 30 people. I mean 100,000 people on the Spectrum working together to fight for our civil rights!

If you are interested in something like this then email me at [email protected]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Starfire

Starfire Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Who is harassing and picking on you?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JoGo

JoGo Active Member

Certain people who think I’m easily manipulated!

4. Juliettaa

Juliettaa Black Sheep. Society of One. V.I.P Member

It's good for you that you can recognise these people and take steps to avoid being manipulated in future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

That's how I feel every day when I get bombarded by criminal scammers calling me on the phone. Where they likely know my age group and simply assume that I'm an easy target for fraud.

Yet to date over the years I never answered a single one of them. In reality I receive very few calls in terms of legitimate friends or relatives who would actually call me. Leaving the rest to easily identify as scammers or spammers.

They keep calling, probably assuming that I'll slip up and answer their bogus calls. But it's never happened. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joshua Aaron

Joshua Aaron Autistic Bisexual

That's the whole reason I hated middle school. I had no friends besides Nate and most of the kids picked on me. The teachers weren't much help, either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoGo

JoGo Active Member

I would like all of you who go to school start making a civil rights movement. We need SOCIAL CHANGE now. I’m sick of being bullied, misunderstood, targeted, and being accused of being a shooter! We need to start a NON-VIOLENT MOVEMENT BY CREATING A CONFLICT IN THE CLASSROOM! If someone bullies you.

I WANT CHANGE IN OUR COMMUNITY!
    We will never get changed in our community if we don’t stand up together.

We need to start keeping in touch with each other and we need to be strong together.

8. Xerces Blue

Xerces Blue Evil Overload

"we're calling about your car's warranty"
    My car is over 20 years old. *hangs up*

But seriously what are you talking about?
    Never been accused of being a "Shooter"
    Despite having a CC permit and owning an "Assault weapon" and being military trained.

Don't want to be bullied - GROW a spine and stand up for your self.
    I was only "Bullied" once in school, I escalated it into a fight FAST. lost the fight and was never bullied again because I stood up for myself. Bullies are COWARDS.

Targeted? Most people can't even recognise us.

Misunderstood? Explain what you mean. Keep trying to communicate until people understand you.

DON'T BE WEAK!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. TheGuyWithTheTacoma

TheGuyWithTheTacoma Well-Known Member

One thing that really annoys me is that when the government starts cutting the budget, anything related to mental health is always among the first to go. It does not matter where you stand politically; This is BS!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1