• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People Against Aspergers

Midna

I made a forum awhile ago for people against Aspergers (who who have it and wish they didn't). I'm not sure about posting links on this site, I looked for the forum rules but I couldn't find them :(

http://ihateaspergers.forums-free.com/

Please, only people who are against Aspergers, no bashing! If you are Aspergen pro, I'm OK with that, I won't argue with you on that.

~Midna

I think what people who hate AS mean is that they hate the understiomulation problem they have, but not their reactions to it, which is necessary. Therefore pro- and anti-Aspies actually agree with each other. But it's so sad seeing the people arguiong about this not knowing that they actually have the same opinion. But then the people that don't agree with that... are they on that site? That site looks like it could attract people who know someone with AS and thinks they should have a cure forced on them.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

I think what people who hate AS mean is that they hate the understiomulation problem they have, but not their reactions to it, which is necessary. Therefore pro- and anti-Aspies actually agree with each other. But it's so sad seeing the people arguiong about this not knowing that they actually have the same opinion. But then the people that don't agree with that... are they on that site? That site looks like it could attract people who know someone with AS and thinks they should have a cure forced on them.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

Maybe you misunderstood....

What I mean is people like me, who hate being limited and wish that I could be more normal (like better social skills), some people see it as a gift, I don't. The site is only for people who feel aspergers as a curse, like I do. I don't mind having pro aspies on there to, as long as there is no arguments about it.

~Midna

I'm neutral tbh. I don't think it's a good thing or a bad thing, but as I've been getting older I've started to get depressed about having it more frequently.
I'm anti-cure though. IMO it's unethical.
EMZ=]

This is probably my last attemp ever to have a successful forums. If this one is a bad idea, I don't know.

~Midna

You will be doing lots of moderating, period. I can't see this helping anyone either, what good does lamenting on one's problems do?

This is probably my last attemp ever to have a successful forums. If this one is a bad idea, I don't know.

~Midna

I think attempting to create a forum aimed at a section of a section of society may be a little optimistic, since the internet AS population isn't large enough in my opinion for a forum to be feasible just for the people that hate their 'condition'. Prove me wrong though. :p

I think It would be sad to be against something that is such an integral part of who you are.

That's like hating your skin.i hope there aren't many people like that.

I think It would be sad to be against something that is such an integral part of who you are.

That's like hating your skin.i hope there aren't many people like that.

I wanted to begin by quoting you because I agree entirely, and I thought your description of AS being "an integral part of who you are" was brilliant. I hope that you don't mind that I quoted that bit in my reply.

Maybe you misunderstood....

What I mean is people like me, who hate being limited and wish that I could be more normal (like better social skills), some people see it as a gift, I don't. The site is only for people who feel aspergers as a curse, like I do. I don't mind having pro aspies on there to, as long as there is no arguments about it.

~Midna

A gift in your life or a curse on your existence, whatever you think, you are correct. This is because you will act accordingly and create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you see your Asperger's as limiting you, then you will be limited by it. If you see it as a gift, it may help your adaptation and self-esteem, but there may be other consequences (such as acting as though you are superior to others, particularly those who do not have AS).

If you see it as in integral part of who you are, you will learn to work with it, compensate for it, and make attempts to overcome the challenges that it presents while using the aspects of it that can be seen as a "gift" to your advantage. Every person, whether they have a diagnosis of a disorder or not, has challenges that they need to overcome in their lives. AS just happens to lay out some different challenges for those of us who have it.

New Threads

Top Bottom