• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

" PEANUTS " thread.

SteveNomad

Let's discuss Charles M. Schulz's " Peanuts " and all versions of it:)! I decided to benpurist,:and put this in " Visual Arts " - though this seems to be maybe more for would-be animators!!!!! (BTW, where would discussion of books/writing go? Since you use your eyes to read (besides audiobooks and Braille/Helen Keller had people tapping on her to tell her words, didn't she:confused:?), VA:D?)
If you just see the Classic Peanuts strips in daily newspapers band (I guess) daily strip sites, those strips get colorized from the original black and white...and far worse, they get streched from the original panels' square proportions blto be taller than they are wide!!!!!!!!!:oops:

By coincidence, this morning I read an account of how playing the character Lucy in a school
play helped a girl become more socially adept and accepted.
The Cartoon Character That Gave a Young Girl Permission to be Herself

And the article mentioned there is a new book out about the strip.

"In The Peanuts Papers, thirty-three writers and artists reflect on the deeper truths of Schulz’s deceptively simple comic, its impact on their lives and art and on the broader culture. These enchanting, affecting, and often quite personal essays show just how much Peanuts means to its many admirers—and the ways it invites us to ponder, in the words of Sarah Boxer, “how to survive and still be a decent human being” in an often bewildering world. Featuring essays, memoirs, poems, and two original comic strips, here is the ultimate reader’s companion for every Peanuts fan."
The Peanuts Papers: Writers and Cartoonists on Charlie Brown, Snoopy & the Gang, and the Meaning of Life: 9781598536164 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

I watched the Peanuts Halloween special last week. Poor ol' Linus still didn't get to see the Great Pumpkin, but we all know he'll try again next year.:D

...Did anyone here see the PEANUTS CGI animated (not handrawn/cel animation, as the 20th Century ones were) movie from a couple years back? I missed it:confused:.
I recall reading of some recent animated Peanut shorts that have just recently??o_O come out, shirt-shkrt ones I think, gags really?...more designed for You Tube showing:confused:? but they might be on conventional TV too:confused:? Does anyone here know what I am referring too_O? I do not.

I'm gifting my embossed copper art project from 1973 to my best friend, a Snoopy lover, this Christmas

snoopy.jpg

...Did anyone here see the PEANUTS CGI animated (not handrawn/cel animation, as the 20th Century ones were) movie from a couple years back? I missed it:confused:.
I recall reading of some recent animated Peanut shorts that have just recently??o_O come out, shirt-shkrt ones I think, gags really?...more designed for You Tube showing:confused:? but they might be on conventional TV too:confused:? Does anyone here know what I am referring too_O? I do not.

Yeah. I saw both movie and tv doings. They weren't to bad.

New Threads

Top Bottom