• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PC Gamers? BeamNG.drive / American Truck Sim users?

An0maly_1976

This is not the end, this is not the beginning...
The aforementioned games help keep me from bouncing off the walls, though I have more or less parted ways with Steam after some rather strange standards as to what is kosher and what is not. Anyhoo, was wondering if anyone here played either of these games.

I’m not a gamer at all but I do very occasionally play Forza at my friend’s house. Not sure if that’s one you’re interested in, but that’s about the only one I play and it’s also a car game.

I've played Euro Truck Simulator.
Honestly, was a little too slow paced for me. I just end up getting speeding tickets from seeing how fast the trucks can go. :p
I enjoyed SnowRunner quite a bit though. Also slower paced, but with the added challenge of not getting stuck.

I've played Euro Truck Simulator.
Honestly, was a little too slow paced for me. I just end up getting speeding tickets from seeing how fast the trucks can go. :p
Not sure about ETS, but in ATS at least, you can disable tickets, weather, random road events, etc. And being skilled with real experience in the real thing, I have done a lot in ATS I would never have dared in the real world. Passing on the shoulder at 95+ with 46,000 lbs pushing the truck faster downhill... OOOWEEE! I've done 106 downhill in the game...

And though I ran safe and legal 99.99% of the time in the real thing, I have seen 117 going downhill in Nevada (with about 2 miles of clear road ahead). Only reason I did it was I was given 2-1/2 days to move 44,000 lbs of food 2000 miles in a truck that would only run 67 mph and barely managed 50 mph uphill (without mountains). Oh, and idiots at the shipper put me an hour behind before I even left, with another idiot at a shop putting me five more hours behind.

I was banned from Steam's ATS forum though. A moderator for the developer decided that I was violating so-called "Global Rules", which Steam themselves do not enforce. Kinda like a Kentucky State Trooper writing you up in Alabama for something that Alabama doesn't consider a crime.

Steam wouldn't intervene, so I told them to stick it where the sun didn't shine, got refunds for games I hadn't yet played, and told them and SCS that I would never deal with either of them again if I could help it. Now, that might keep me from getting good prices on games, and it might keep me from trying certain games, but I don't put up with BS like that. It's the principle of the thing.

Not sure about ETS, but in ATS at least, you can disable tickets, weather, random road events, etc. And being skilled with real experience in the real thing, I have done a lot in ATS I would never have dared in the real world. Passing on the shoulder at 95+ with 46,000 lbs pushing the truck faster downhill... OOOWEEE! I've done 106 downhill in the game...

And though I ran safe and legal 99.99% of the time in the real thing, I have seen 117 going downhill in Nevada (with about 2 miles of clear road ahead). Only reason I did it was I was given 2-1/2 days to move 44,000 lbs of food 2000 miles in a truck that would only run 67 mph and barely managed 50 mph uphill (without mountains). Oh, and idiots at the shipper put me an hour behind before I even left, with another idiot at a shop putting me five more hours behind.

I was banned from Steam's ATS forum though. A moderator for the developer decided that I was violating so-called "Global Rules", which Steam themselves do not enforce. Kinda like a Kentucky State Trooper writing you up in Alabama for something that Alabama doesn't consider a crime.

Steam wouldn't intervene, so I told them to stick it where the sun didn't shine, got refunds for games I hadn't yet played, and told them and SCS that I would never deal with either of them again if I could help it. Now, that might keep me from getting good prices on games, and it might keep me from trying certain games, but I don't put up with BS like that. It's the principle of the thing.

Isn't ATS a single played game? How to you violate rules and get banned from a single player game? :confused:
I guess at least there's Epic and XBox games stores to get games from now. :/

Isn't ATS a single played game? How to you violate rules and get banned from a single player game? :confused:
I guess at least there's Epic and XBox games stores to get games from now. :/
I wasn't banned from the game, just the Steam forum for it. Which is still BS. I don't know about Epic, but I'm not sure XBox games will work on PC.

I wasn't banned from the game, just the Steam forum for it. Which is still BS. I don't know about Epic, but I'm not sure XBox games will work on PC.

I see.
My brother has the XBox game pass that gives him a pile of games for a monthly subscription. He doesn't have an XBox, just a PC. There's quite a few XBox games with Windows ports, given that Microsoft wants to make $$ on both platforms.

The problem is that Microsoft wants to make money even on things that should be included with Windows. I have a dashcam, for instance, that for some weird reason, requires a tweaked version of a codec for its files to play in Windows, and MS wants me to pay for this when they are constantly breaking Win10 worse because they obviously can't get things right the first time. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom