• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Paying attention or catastrophy takes place

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
If my mind veers away, I will spill coffee, if holding, or like this morning, I missed my mouth and coffee spilled.

I have to keep attention on what I am doing, otherwise accidents will happen. So tiring.

I know exactly what you’re talking about, ugh. It’s so frustrating and embarrassing. But also kind of funny at the same time.

I know exactly what you’re talking about, ugh. It’s so frustrating and embarrassing. But also kind of funny at the same time.

Yes, I try to laugh it off, because it is embarrassing and of course, in front of my husband, I get a good ribbing from him. Is your mouth that big? How can you miss that? I don't know anyone who does that, accept for you.

Guilty. We can think about something and forget our current executive funtion. Like drinking coffee. But l never miss my mouth with donuts. lol
l need a lockdown manager in my brain that says drink coffee now. Stop. Laundry now. Stop. Useless thinking now. Stop. lol

There are certain tasks I just can't do together. I can walk while holding my coffee straight, or I can even climb the stairs, but if I try to take a sip of the coffee while walking, then I'm likely to miss a step and fall - dangerous.

Multitasking is a myth. Actually, it's counterproductive. According to the latest research, yes.

That's my excuse.

I m the same, spills, food down my front, knocking into furniture etc. It's hard to care though. :oops:

l need a lockdown manager in my brain that says drink coffee now. Stop. Laundry now. Stop. Useless thinking now. Stop. lol

I have an Operations Manager for that.
When bread is under the grill and I'm waiting for it to toast,
I might spot something else that needs doing in the kitchen.
My (mental) Ops Manager warns,
"Don't you dare !"

My fire alarm sometimes lets me know when the bread is toasted (cremated) :)

My Ops Manager is smug. "Told you so..." :)

LOL oh yes. I'm 32 years old and have yet to learn how to drink properly like an adult without spilling my drink all over my face. (At home I use a straw a lot.) Or punching something instead of grabbing it, knocking it over. Or walking into walls, or furniture.

I'm a hot mess.

New Threads

Top Bottom