• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Parents desperate to find son with autism

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
Capture_1507673253419_11355864_ver1.0.JPG

His parents say Andrei Morris has wanted to become more independent, but they worry about the decisions he could make because of his autism. They said he is 20 but has the mental development of a 13-year-old.(Photo: Provided photo, Custom)

WENTZVILLE, MO. - The parents of a 20-year-old with autism are desperately searching for him after they say he went missing about a week ago.

WENTZVILLE, MO. - The parents of a 20-year-old with autism are desperately searching for him after they say he went missing about a week ago.

The parents of 20-year-old Andrei Morris said he has the mental development of a 13-year-old child. His parents told us he withdrew money from the bank a week ago and took a flight to Chicago and then to New York without telling anyone. That's the last time they heard from him.

Now they just want to know where he is and if he's safe.

Police in Wentzville and New York and working together to look for him.

His parents say Andrei has wanted to become more independent, but they worry about the decisions he could make because of his autism.

"He has trouble with money," said Andrei's father Cecil Morris. "He doesn't do logic and things like. He's very personable. He's never met a stranger."

And it's his trusting nature that has Andrei's parents worried. Andrei's father says police are working with them, but because he's actually an adult, the help they can offer is limited.

Source: Parents desperate to find son with autism

Limited help from the police? I thought police did a lot for missing persons.

Update- This article is from October 2017, not sure why it's back at the top.

Last edited:
I hope he is okay... One thing stuck out for me "he doesn't do logic and he is very personable." Really? I guess that is possible, but is that common ASD? I do know some ASD people do have problems with money, but not nearly always the case. Some of us are very good with the funds we have.

Never to argue, but the story is not "typical" (but I am certain its possible). It just stood out and sounded really strange and then I noticed they printed the claims of the parents twice... Apparently my own ASD logic is getting in the way of me perceiving this...

"He has the mind of a 13 year old" (stated 3 times), but yet he was able to withdraw his funds, booked 2 flights, after stating he wanted his freedom... I don't think you have to guess where my logic is going. He may be much more apt than what this story is leading people to believe.

I simply see the possibility of a caged human seeking a life that has never been allowed. Is he able to pull that off? I wouldn't know that answer, but I know for a fact that a 14 year old kid with ASD can make it on his own for the most part.

I never mean any disrespect, but there are 2 sides to every story and it seems like 2 parents may be not liking allowing this man his freedom. Time will tell, and I do hope he is not treated ugly once he is "captured" and maybe treated less than human in the process.

He hasn't done anything wrong... He should never be treated as though he has...
For some reason, I don't get this feeling he is in danger, not sure why?
But of course I do hope he is safe and nothing foul is going on.

I hope he is okay... One thing stuck out for me "he doesn't do logic and he is very personable." Really? I guess that is possible, but is that common ASD? I do know some ASD people do have problems with money, but not nearly always the case. Some of us are very good with the funds we have.

Never to argue, but the story is not "typical" (but I am certain its possible). It just stood out and sounded really strange and then I noticed they printed the claims of the parents twice... Apparently my own ASD logic is getting in the way of me perceiving this...

"He has the mind of a 13 year old" (stated 3 times), but yet he was able to withdraw his funds, booked 2 flights, after stating he wanted his freedom... I don't think you have to guess were my logic is going. He may be much more apt than what this story is leading people to believe.

I simply see the possibility of a caged human seeking a life that has never been allowed. Is he able to pull that off? I wouldn't know that answer, but I know for a fact that a 14 year old kid with ASD can make it on his own for the most part.

I never mean any disrespect, but there are 2 sides to every story and it seems like 2 parents may be not liking allowing this man his freedom. Time will tell, and I do hope he is not treated ugly once he is "captured" and maybe treated less than human in the process.

I agree. It does sound like he wanted to spread his wings. I sure hope that is all. It is sad that now his name will be all over the internet forever as having the mind of a 13 year old. A 13 year old would not like that one bit. Maybe now he is embarrassed, too. I hope this story resolves itself. Maybe he will come on here for support and help. I hope he does.

It worries me that he has took off after meeting someone online who he has totally trusted without question, many aspies have grown up to become vulnerable adults and many are too trusting (I've been taken advantage of throughout my life on numerous occasions). If he has gone under the influence of someone else there's obviously a chance it could be someone who wants to use and/or abuse him, it may or may not be someone who he sees as a love interest and it's even possible the person is reasonable, but it's not a good sign that he has gone without telling anyone and one would have thought that someone with good intentions would have discouraged him from leaving without at least speaking to his family.

It would be well worth checking any computer logs and phone logs (if he has a mobile the police should contact his mobile phone provider for logs too, it could also be used to track his location the last time it was used even if it's now off). Even if another person hasn't influenced him to leave, his recent interests may give clues as to where he's gone and what his intentions are which again could be found by examining his recent computer usage.

I sincerely hope the police treat the situation as seriously as if an actual 13 year had gone missing as obviously a "normal" NT person of 20 years old would be considered an adult who is able to make his own decisions.

"He has the mind of a 13 year old" (stated 3 times), but yet he was able to withdraw his funds, booked 2 flights, after stating he wanted his freedom... I don't think you have to guess were my logic is going. He may be much more apt than what this story is leading people to believe.

Yes it's also very possible that he is much more apt than the story is leading people to believe and you could be right, but as a 10 year old aspie in 1979 I was able to write complex computer programs on a Commodore Pet despite being considered very immature in other ways and many normal 13 year olds would be capable of withdrawing funds and booking flights. That said as an aspie I would struggle with the fear of doing what he did, with the procedures at the airport and actually travelling to an unfamiliar location would be far too much to handle, but not all aspies have the same traits and it's also very possible a 3rd party could be involved to encourage him (a worrying thought - also please see what I've written above). I'm not saying they should find him and automatically drag him back against his will, but they do need to make sure he is okay and that he's not being abused in any way.

PS: Regarding stating that at 20 years old he has the mind of a 13 year old, well this isn't likely to be accurate as many people with aspies can be very advanced in some ways (especially regarding a special interest), yet very "backward" in others. My 2 adult brothers are severely autistic and can't count to 5 which would make them comparable to very young children of just few years of age, but in other ways they're much more advanced and overall they're nothing like very young children.

Last edited:
He is a vulnerable young man, and the fact he has not been in contact with his family is frightening. There is nothing in the story to suggest he had a bad relationship with his family, and presumably his parents have tried to contact him by cell phone or otherwise but receive no response. I pray he is found safe and sound. I shudder to think what could happen to my 25 y/o LFA autistic if he went missing like this. He, too, can count money but would give all his money without question to anyone who asked for it because he is so naïve and trusting.

He is a vulnerable young man, and the fact he has not been in contact with his family is frightening. There is nothing in the story to suggest he had a bad relationship with his family, and presumably his parents have tried to contact him by cell phone or otherwise but receive no response. I pray he is found safe and sound. I shudder to think what could happen to my 25 y/o LFA autistic if he went missing like this. He, too, can count money but would give all his money without question to anyone who asked for it because he is so naïve and trusting.
What does LFA mean?

Certainly hoping he is found soon.

Maybe on this website (and/or equally the Twitter/Facebook pages) we should create a section to report missing persons on the Autism Spectrum; if any of us are in or near the area where said individual has gone missing, we can keep our eyes out for that person.
After all, an extra pair of eyes and a similar mindset to the person who has gone missing would be helpful.

Maybe on this website (and/or equally the Twitter/Facebook pages) we should create a section to report missing persons on the Autism Spectrum; if any of us are in or near the area where said individual has gone missing, we can keep our eyes out for that person.
After all, an extra pair of eyes and a similar mindset to the person who has gone missing would be helpful.

That is a fantastic suggestion - even if it's just a thread to post notices of missing ASD people. I googled "Missouri missing autistic" and found several stories of missing autistics, children in particular, in just that one state. These stories often have horrible endings. Anything we can do to help them to come home safely would be a very good thing.

Looks quite official as far as reporting missing persons go with Missouri's Highway Patrol. You'd think they'd include his picture though since we know it's online.

Note he's listed as "#13". Though no reference to his autism. Hope they find him soon.

Active Missing Persons

That is a fantastic suggestion - even if it's just a thread to post notices of missing ASD people. I googled "Missouri missing autistic" and found several stories of missing autistics, children in particular, in just that one state. These stories often have horrible endings. Anything we can do to help them to come home safely would be a very good thing.

Thank you. :)
Part of my idea for it - oddly enough - came from watching 101 Dalmatians; when Pongo and Perdy's puppies are stolen, they use the 'Twilight Bark' to spread the word about their missing puppies, which is forwarded around London and the rest of England and results in the puppies been located.

Like I say, it's an idea for the Admins here to consider.

You know what these kinds of parents never teach their autistic children? To say no. Know what they do teach them? Not to have boundaries.

Obviously at 20 you get sick of being treated like you're 13.

You know what these kinds of parents never teach their autistic children? To say no. Know what they do teach them? Not to have boundaries.

I'm curious what you mean by this? How did you glean this from the available info?

Quite possibly but no way to really tell.

New Threads

Top Bottom