• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Paid $100 for a dating service

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
A few months ago, a dating service in the city 30 minutes away from me opened up there. I’ve made a couple of appointments with it back in July. The first was to get information about what the service does and the second was to answer pages of questions. The people were nice. Doing the questions, though, was grueling because it took hours to finish. I was told the services would cost money but I think some charges were waived because I was a first timer. However, I got messages I owed a $100 invoice and I didn’t pay it right away. I finally did a week ago.

I hope that you also have been working on yourself because wherever you go, there you are. But regardless, good luck.
Cultivate your interests.
Don't act desperate.
Be the person that you would like to be in a relationship with.
Relax and enjoy. But don't expect every encounter to work out.

Don't forget to wear a conversation starter. Be orginial. Be yourself. Don't base everything on this service, get out and say hi and tell jokes even to the cashier. Good luck.☺

Sounds like a scam. The messages might be a few months old.

$100 to get messages from women?

I know you want so badly to be in a relationship with a woman. I read about it all the time.

I don't mean to sound mean or vulgar, and I'm not endorsing poor lifestyle choices, but if you wanted that badly to be close to a woman, then that hundred dollars might have been better spent at a strip club.

The message was from earlier this month so it’s not old. I also didn’t know about the service until a few months after they opened this year and my NT friend (Who is a woman, btw) told me about it. She did warn me about sketchy prices but it looks like they are going easy on me.

No, it’s for date coaching and group meets.
I figure I need to do something and find out rather than wonder. I also wanted to take my friend’s advice.

I’ve been told the only good strip clubs in my state are in Austin but that’s an hour and 30 minutes away from me. They would also be expensive. I’d only go if I had company with me and probably only once.

Last edited:
The message was from earlier this month so it’s not old. I also didn’t know about the service until a few months after they opened this year and my NT friend (Who is a woman, btw) told me about it. She did warn me about sketchy prices but it looks like they are going easy on me.

I figure I need to do something and find out rather than wonder. I also wanted to take my friend’s advice.

I’ve been told the only good strip clubs in my state are in Austin but that’s an hour and 30 minutes away from me. They would also be expensive. I’d only go if I had company with me and probably only once.

I wasn't saying that you should go to a strip club. I was trying to tell you in a roundabout way that "buyer beware".

I wasn't saying that you should go to a strip club. I was trying to tell you in a roundabout way that "buyer beware".

This is an Autism site. We take things literally.☺☺☺☺

Some can't decipher sarcasm.
Some of us do get better at it slowly.

10 years ago one of the online dateing sites was charging $50.00, no meetups or date coaching included.
If you have vetted the company as legitamate, $100 might be a bargin. What is the fine print? Are there monthly charges or seperate charges for the coaching or meetups?

I honestly forgot that I posted this topic. I stopped getting emails and texts from the place.

I guess you need to work full time and not show any indication you struggle with clinical depression to get anywhere with their services.

I honestly forgot that I posted this topic. I stopped getting emails and texts from the place.

I guess you need to work full time and not show any indication you struggle with clinical depression to get anywhere with their services.
Clinical depression is a beast; I dealt with that at one point for a long time & it often comes with a decline in executive functioning. What happens is that it'll end up damaging your ability to keep up with communications--When I had the stuff, I would end up replying to messages very slowly, even worse than I usually do.

Depression is a thing that tends to pull so much of one's energy, to start a vicious downward spiral.

$100 is a good chunk of money. Not sure what you're planning on, but let's see what happens next. You've been reporting enough positive things in your life lately (even though you still feel poorly) that I think, if you were to present yourself well, you'd probably find someone's interest. I wish I could wingman for you a little.

$100 seems reasonable to me for that kind of service.

On a serious note, it would be cool if you PMed me what service you used. If they are in my area for that price, I would consider because $100 is under my current dating budget. I'd want to see if what they offered for $100 is enough for me. They probably have other more expensive options for more, which I might be able to consider.
Having a reputable reference would be helpful for me.

Clinical depression is a beast; I dealt with that at one point for a long time & it often comes with a decline in executive functioning. What happens is that it'll end up damaging your ability to keep up with communications--When I had the stuff, I would end up replying to messages very slowly, even worse than I usually do.

Depression is a thing that tends to pull so much of one's energy, to start a vicious downward spiral.

$100 is a good chunk of money. Not sure what you're planning on, but let's see what happens next. You've been reporting enough positive things in your life lately (even though you still feel poorly) that I think, if you were to present yourself well, you'd probably find someone's interest. I wish I could wingman for you a little.
I actually paid that amount a year ago now.

I also want to find love without having to pay for it.
Oh, @Markness, you will not pay for it in $$$, you will pay for it emotionally, in the give and take of a relationship, learning and changing, sometimes in the turmoil of life's exigencies that catch up to you both. The bill will come due in worry, concern and the striving to support each other.

There are so many intangible rewards in finding love, but you will be paying for them in ways that you can barely comprehend now.

New Threads

Top Bottom