• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Paging Dr. Maddog: Is this wrong or something?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Okay, so I need to know something. A long time ago, Maddog read up on the medicine my doctor prescribed me and saw it wasn't helping me at all; Depicote was making me gain weight and everything else with it was basically working "backwards". So he decided to put me on his own regimen, Lamitrogene, Celexa, Abilify and Amitriptilyne.

I know that's not right to take medicine not prescribed to you (in fact i'm worried it's illegal but it's not like I bought it from someone) but the truth is everything he gave me is working great! I'm more docile and tame than I was before, and I don't end up fighting as much.

Tell me, should I not be doing this? I'm not experiencing any negative effects, and with it making me just the right amount of calm, I find it very helpful. In fact if you ask me Maddog is the best "doctor" i've ever had!

Is this wrong? Please someone tell me.

I think it depends where you live and if you have it in your possession.

As far as I'm aware, if a substance is classified as a controlled substance and you're in possession of it, without a prescription - then that wouldn't be legal.

Still, there's nothing to stop you contacting a Dr or GP and inform them you've been researching these meds and would like to try a new regime as you think it might be beneficial.

Ed

TLDR

"You may have heard that using and sharing prescription drugs is legal. Many teens believe that if they get pills from their family's medicine cabinet, instead of a street dealer, then it's not against the law.

Nothing could be further from the truth."

Is It Actually Illegal to Use Drugs Without a Prescription?
Arrested for Drugs That Aren’t Yours? Know Your Rights!
Is It Illegal to Share or Give Away Prescription Drugs?

Presumably your stepfather has a prescription for the medications he
offers you.

If you don't have a physician currently, then get one.
And discuss with the new doctor the possibility of exploring
various medications of which you are aware.

Here's the thing: Even if you FEEL good, the meds may be having negative effects that you arent aware of NOW, but abruptly will be later on. Plenty of outright negative and damaging things make people *feel* good. It's the actual underlying damage that is the problem.

That's one of the reasons why only doctors should be trusted to prescribe things: Because they know about the underlying things that you dont feel and cant be aware of until the damage is enough to cause problems.

AKA: It's *incredibly* dangerous... even if you feel good right now. You could end up regretting it later in the worst possible way. You dont even want to know just how bad it can get. Even worse if any of those produce addiction... because then just STOPPING them becomes another danger that can be just as bad.

Talk specifically to actual doctors about this. Talk ONLY to actual doctors about this. Note that we here also cannot truly help you with this. Only doctors can be trusted to dispense medical advice or prescribe things. Go talk to one, rather than ask anyone on the Net.

Well there was that one time I *accidentally* took it with CBD drops. I had a fun time in the bathroom after that.

As far as I'm aware, if a substance is classified as a controlled substance and you're in possession of it, without a prescription - then that wouldn't be legal.

Don't you mean NOT a controlled substance. It's clearly illegal to be in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. None of the meds here are controlled substances. Does anyone really understand the law for these type of meds. I read at some point pharmacist can supply them without a prescription, but it would be unusual for them to do so.

I don't think it is a good idea to self prescribe these meds though.

Think meds need to be prescribed by a MD. They actually can monitor any adverse side effects and test you if needed. I almost died from taking medication to help with anxiety. The MD was surprised because he never had seen this adverse effect before. I was told if l didn't check myself in l would have been dead in a couple of days. Glad you are feeling better and seem upbeat.

Last edited:
Also, can you change your doctor? Because it sounds like your family thinks his prescription skills suck.

New Threads

Top Bottom