• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ouch, do you sometimes want to outsmart the system?

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
Like you are looking at how something functions, then you start calculating the odds of defeating the system in place. I am truly not a bad person, it's more like a logic problem. Like how can l benefit myself, it's really equivalent to having any system in place, there is something to be hacked into. Please don't hate me, it sometimes is a result of pure boredom.
Take this where you want to take it......

I do tend to do that sometimes. Especially with college. I like to think about my skills and how I can be successful without going to school. I went to college for almost four years, and I hated it the entire time. I was so stressed and worried about passing my classes and it was taking a tole on my mental health. I like to think I can get a good job even without college. College managed to make me feel burnout and have mental breakdowns. I feel so much better volunteering and being able to do something that can help others.

I do tend to do that sometimes. Especially with college. I like to think about my skills and how I can be successful without going to school. I went to college for almost four years, and I hated it the entire time. I was so stressed and worried about passing my classes and it was taking a tole on my mental health. I like to think I can get a good job even without college. College managed to make me feel burnout and have mental breakdowns. I feel so much better volunteering and being able to do something that can help others.
That means a lot coming from you. I like the way you worded your prospective. I was worried of being judged with this.

That means a lot coming from you. I like the way you worded your prospective. I was worried of being judged with this.
Not at all. I like your thinking about this topic. I always tend to think of other ways of approaching certain topics like the college route. I think there are better opportunities all around us that we have a better chance of success.

When you hack into something, you don't necessarily have to take advantage of it. It's just that you are running a checklist of how good is the system. Because many of us function with info dumps, we assess quickly. It's a part-time on-going software in my head, calculating odds, weaknesses, and strengths.

Like you are looking at how something functions, then you start calculating the odds of defeating the system in place. I am truly not a bad person, it's more like a logic problem. Like how can l benefit myself, it's really equivalent to having any system in place, there is something to be hacked into. Please don't hate me, it sometimes is a result of pure boredom.
Take this where you want to take it......
That is what software testers do professionally. There is a company in Chicago [Illinois, USA] that hires autistics just for their knack in being so thorough in doing so.

I totally get this. I think this way alot. But it's not negative, it's just a check and balance of what ever system is in place.

We are mostly in the moment when we are actively challenged. This proves this. Thanks @Crossbreed
We aren't bad, we need that mental stimulation. We have a harder time keeping our brains challenged. We need info dumps, because we are always are calculating everything.

Yes, it do this. I'm quite good at finding lifehacks. If I want to do something, I usually find a way to do it - within reason, of course.

I love creative / unusual solutions to things.

One of my favourite examples is the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg puzzle

for which it seems to be impossible to walk each of the seven bridges once without backtracking and crossing a bridge a second time... until you realize that all rivers start somewhere and so if you go there, you can walk around the river and thereby cross all seven bridges on foot.

In sports, Elizabeth Swaney is one of my heroes.

Long story short, she wanted to make the Olympics, and found a new sport where there were few competitors, and there were sometimes not-very-well-attended events in obscure places where simply by showing up, she could place top-30 and pick up some ranking points, and the stars ultimately aligned for her and she got to go to the Olympics, not through athletic skill or ability, but through figuring out a system, finding a potential unorthodox solution, persevering with it and getting some luck along the way.

Great examples @VictorR .
It's looking at everything in place and deciding how to get to a end point, pretty much a schematic, because you work thru each path.

Just today I was reflecting that my sister's approach was to find ways to take advantage of an unjust system to get some extras for herself. Mine has been to fix the system to get fair treatment. However, I get my kicks by beating the system without being unfair. I find unused things, and make them useful, saving lots of money on housing, cars, and other gear. I particularly like designing things so that one part does two functions. I'm particularly fascinated that there is no theoretical minimum energy needed for a round trip, or for heating and cooling a home. Getting closer is a fun game.

When my business got big enough to pay a bit of tax, and I was still taking home less than minimum wage, I didn't fight the tax man, I just went around to the other end of the system and got a grant.
Smokey Yunick was famous for cheating in stock car races. His belief was that anything not prohibited in the rule books was allowed. They limited the size of the gas tank, but he used an extremely oversize gas line that held another two gallons. He used a stock body and frame, but with their locations shifted. Most of the rule book was written to make his work obsolete.

Not to like, get money. But I do try to figure out how to create for myself, things that are mass produced. Or like find food or medicine in the wild, rather than being dependent on a store. It fascinates me.

The best life hack I use that is widely available is a bicycle. I ignore all the ads for cars (and everything else - if it needs an ad, there's a value deficit.) and focus on the facts. Getting around downtown, bikes are the choice of couriers, because they win all the races against cabs, transit, scooters, and cars. Ivan Illich calculated that by the time someone has driven downtown, found parking, walked to their destination, and paid for all that, they have averaged a fast walking pace.
Using a bike isn't just faster - it integrates healthy exercise into your day. If you are too busy to go to the gym, you'll be pedaling harder and getting more exercise to burn off that adrenalin. Riding in traffic is a sport that distracts from the fatigue, and it also offers plenty of mental exercise. An experienced rider can pace an novice and use HALF as much oxygen. A lot of people think that their area is unsuitable, but if you explore it by bike, you can find places where work, home, and shops are in easy range. You can do a much finer-grained search by bike.
You can carry enough camping gear for an indefinite tour, and look a lot more acceptable than someone carrying bags. You can quickly leave an area you don't like, and be hard to follow on foot or by car. You can fix it yourself. In cold weather, when bus queues are huddled and shivering, you have central heating. And you never have to wait, look for parking, endure the chatter of other passengers, or worry about the image your car projects.
It is also so cheap that a friend of mine with a standard government salary had paid off a house in a big city before he was thirty, never having owned a car.

Truly a lot of times l don't care. I walk around aloof because l can't give you attention probably because l have ADHD, not because l am a psychopath, but it took me some to get there. So outsmarting a system is just a random hacker me who realized that life is pretty much rigged and social platforms are in existence to help you not get to that realization. The more you are wrapped in the triva of day to day life, then you can't make the connections of the bigger picture.

New Threads

Top Bottom