• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Otis

Otis

Hi there first time on forum.
I am high functioning.
Watched a video today that was very insightful.
Love to surf obviously.
I bow hunt.
Really just trying to understand myself and others. Apart from social struggles everything I have seen leads me to feel my aspie is my advantage with the focus I have.

Last edited:
Hi Otis

welcome to af.png

Hi ya, Otis. Welcome to the forum. I’m glad you joined. I think I know why Aspergers has been rolled into a larger bucket called Autism Spectrum Disorder but alas I am afraid I wouldn’t do it justice. I am sure someone a bit more articulate that I will chime in and share the mindset behind understanding. I agree with you and appreciate your approach to celebrate and market the advantage that you have as a HFA. Once again welcome to the forum.

Thanks George nice to see I'm not alone on that.
This is my first time trying talk to others and learn from others.
Usually it just involves me telling people I have aspie.

Hi & Welcome,
I used to surf when younger. :) Was pretty obsessed with it for about 5 years. Once I joined the military I never saw a coast again.. :( and tried many other sports. But nothing compares to surfing. Skiing probably felt closest.

Never hunted, except with a camera. Not a fan of that tbh. There are many animal lovers here actually. It seems a very common interest among Aspies.

New Threads

Top Bottom